Predator Triton 500 PT515-51 LCD Malfuncion

Options
RafaelR
RafaelR Member Posts: 1 New User
My laptop is out of warranty with and with a issue on the screen that I have to "twist" the screen until I get a stable image (or some image at all). Seems to me to be an issue with the LCD Flat cable.

The problem is that the autorized service in Brazil is saying I have to replace the whole screen, what makes no sense to me (and will cost me a lot of $$) as I can get the screen to work by moving it arround/twisting a little.

Replacing the LCD Cable seems to be an good option for me, but I'm having a hard time with the part numbers as all I can find is this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125292013233 (450.0GY07.0011) but the one actualy inside my laptop os labled 450.0GY06.0001.

So my questions are: (1) Is it likely that its just a LCD Cable issue or do you guys think I will have to replace the whole screen? (2) Are this cables compatible?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, the other 0011 is for another BOE screen that was used in this laptop. You need the 0001 cable that was made for the AUO screen. Which also is ACER part no. 50.Q50N1.004. So google search that part no. also for vendors who may ship to your location.

You can also simply try to repeatedly reseat the 0001 cable you have at the mainboard and base of the screen a few times to help clean the contacts inside the connectors. That will often fix the problem if the ribbon conductors haven't broken or cracked from opening and closing the lid too much. 

Jack E/NJ