Acer VG240Y S Monitor - HDMI (PC) to HDMI (monitor) Working But DIV D (PC) To HDMI (Monitor) NOT!!

VFIVE
VFIVE Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello People,

Hope Every one is doing well!

I am using a ACER VG240YS as my second monitor and my PC has  one DIV D port and a HDMI Port.

I have used the HDMI port for connecting my Primary Monitor and tried using DVI- D to HDMI cable to connect my second mentioned monitor.

The monitor shows the display for 3secs and then goes into grains mode like an old TV with no signal.

I unplug the cable and plug it again then also I get the display for 3 sec and then Grains only. Previously i was using an LG monitor which worked fine with the DVI to HDMI converter adaptor and HDMI cable when switched to the new monitor nothing seems to work. 

I Have tried..

A DVI D to HDMI adaptor.
Tried using a two way DVI D to HDMI Cable.
Updated my graphics driver. 
Tried repairing my system files. 
tried switching off DDC/CI.

My Motherboard is a Aorus B450 and the graphics is the integrated one. I am hoping that some has a solution for this and an idea of whats happening. If nothing goes well then my only option is to get a graphics card only to make my second monitor work. Please help and Thank you in advance. 

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @VFIVE

You can try to reinstall the display drivers to check if that makes any difference with the monitor.

How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11

NOTE: After uninstalling the driver you have to reboot the computer

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It sure sounds as if the DVI-D to HDMI cable is having issues...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.