CG437KS RGB light sense not detecting my monitor Any idea how to fix that ?

Options
2»

Answers

• iphonik4
    iphonik4 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    mhc said:

Yeah it comes with 2 HDMI it would seem. Kinda sucks that theres no dual DP for 144hz... Anyway, I have only tried DP.
    btw, my K S works with 144hz via single DP 1.4 from RTX3090
  • mhc
    mhc Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I will ask the moderators, if the CG437KS model supports the rgb feature in light sense!

It's advertised as supporting it.

I have been in contact with support and they said they escalated it, since then I have not heard anything.
  • mhc
    Options
    iphonik4 said:
    mhc said:

Yeah it comes with 2 HDMI it would seem. Kinda sucks that theres no dual DP for 144hz... Anyway, I have only tried DP.
    btw, my K S works with 144hz via single DP 1.4 from RTX3090
    Yeah it worked on my 10-series too after an update, but only with ycbcr422 which means ugly text..
  • iphonik4
    Options
    mhc said:
    Yeah it worked on my 10-series too after an update, but only with ycbcr422 which means ugly text..
    Mine works single DP 144 Hz with RGB. I think K S is updated to support 144 Hz via single DP.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm also waiting for a response from the moderators.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mhc
    Options
    It has now been a week since the last response.
    Time's up, and the screen can't be returned anymore.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I will invite moderator @Acer-Ingrid to participate in this thread. Maybe she can tell if this monitor is capable of playing rgb in light sense program.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mhc
    Options
    I asked support how it's going. They said theyre waiting for whoever they escalated to... 22 days have passed.

• iphonik4
    edited September 2022
    Options

Guys, there is a new version of RGB Light Sense - 1.1.7.0 ... Doesn't work for me though. Have you tried?? Do your computers at least make any sound whenever you connect your monitor via USB (the new connected device Windows sound)? Also it does not appear under connected devices list when I use the command line Get-PnpDevice -PresentOnly | Where-Object { $_.InstanceId -match '^USB' } in Windows PowerShell - see the screenshot. Could those of you having the same problem check if their computers are not recognizing the monitor via USB either? Try that command before you connect the monitor and then again after you connect it. For me no additional device appeared. Thanks

• mhc
    Options

Same. Doesn't work.

yes my monitor is detected fine for all other tasks like USB-hub and changing monitor brightness.

Nothing from acer support mail still.

Guess we got broken monitors.

• iphonik4
    edited September 2022
    Options

In this case my monitor is broken for sure. Maybe I'm missing something but my USB-hub does not work... Which cable did you use for the connection? The USB B 3.0 right? Do you have to adjust some settings in display's OSD to get the USB to work? Thanks

• iphonik4
    Options

update: changed source from USB C to USB B in the OSD and now everything works. Including Light Sense :D

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, the USB-B to USB-A connection is required to allow the monitor to act as a hub, and for any data connections other than video.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • iphonik4
    Options

Of course it is :D but I didn't know you have to change the type of connection in OSD

• mhc
    Options

What a journey we've had together my friend!!

At first when I read that you got it working, I was sad. I thought I'd be left alone here.

See before I tried all options of USB mode, both types of cable, all the modes in "lighting" category... etc.

But it looks like this last light sense update fixed it. But when I tried it, I just used a couple of options and didn't try them all.

But right now it works for me too. Here's the settings:

• system - lighting - lighting switch - set to "Enable" (Not "PC", very weird.)
    • system - USB Port Select - "B-type"
    • system - USB 3.0 - "On"

I wont try the other settings now because I'm scared it wont work.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you post the link of the rgb sensor you downloaded?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer