CPU and GPU cooling upgrade Predator PO3-630

Options
SWORDFISH1
SWORDFISH1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2022 in Predator Desktops
Hi guys i just bought a Predator PO3-630-EC12 with a i5 11400f and rtx 3060ti. I would like to upgrade the cooling, i have read many topic about upgrade and it seem not easy as a custom build due to the proprietary motherboard and micro atx dimension of acer.

I read then the Noctua NH-D9L i would like to know if today this is still the best cooler we could get for the price. For sure i would prefer the most quiet cooling fans possible at a reasonable price. I did not read topic about a bigger or dual fan cooler, if this is possible show us your set-up :) 

Also for my second point, i realize than the GPU is a blower version( i did not event know this was possible in the rtx 30 serie) i know this is possible to make a custom dual fan cooling plate with noctua fan but i dont know what parts i need for this. I would like to know if this is possible to install a bolt-on cooling manifold since this gpu is supposed to be a founder version. So thank you

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi guys i just bought a Predator PO3-630-EC12 with a i5 11400f and rtx 3060ti. I would like to upgrade the cooling, i have read many topic about upgrade and it seem not easy as a custom build due to the proprietary motherboard and micro atx dimension of acer.

I read then the Noctua NH-D9L i would like to know if today this is still the best cooler we could get for the price. For sure i would prefer the most quiet cooling fans possible at a reasonable price. I did not read topic about a bigger or dual fan cooler, if this is possible show us your set-up :) 

Also for my second point, i realize than the GPU is a blower version( i did not event know this was possible in the rtx 30 serie) i know this is possible to make a custom dual fan cooling plate with noctua fan but i dont know what parts i need for this. I would like to know if this is possible to install a bolt-on cooling manifold since this gpu is supposed to be a founder version. So thank you

Your PO3-630 with its proprietary mobo, case and parts that Acer have tested and have constructed for best performance and cost can be upgraded with cooling parts but, you are restricted in as far as the gpu is concerned in size, so measure your spaces first. With the gpu cooling systems, the blow through type gpu cooling is not as good as  an open flow gpu cooling as the blow through is a one way intake and exhaust path cooling while the open flow draws its air from multiple directions and within the case air capacity that in the PO3-630 is circulated by its case fans so, the more efficient fans the better. The cooling systems in your desktops case fans and cpu fans can be upgraded very easily on your PO3-xxx range of desktops.

The best cpu cooling setups for restricted spaces are the dry high end cooling systems, as the 120mm AIO cpu liquid coolers or the 240mm ones are too bulky and take up to much space. For the cpu and a dry cpu cooler (for size and fitment into these PO3-6XX desktops spaces) the Noctua NH-U9S-CH-BK and the Noctua case fans like the NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM that its specs are 120,2 m³/h (volumetric flow rate) at 29,7 dB/A noise levels or the NF-P12 redux-1300 PWM are the most efficient for the Acer PO3-630 case. Allot of consumers have upgraded this desktop with these spec cooling. This subject has been covered extensively on this forum with a lot of detail, so look it up.