Is the Swift 3 SF314-512 RAM upgradeable?

realLehre
realLehre Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Just as the topic says, I'd like to know if I can upgrade the RAM in my PC. 

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example SF314-511-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • realLehre

Tinkerer

What is the exact model? Example SF314-511-58vh.
    SF314-512-52MZ
  • No slot available, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • realLehre

Tinkerer

No slot available, see:

Thank you 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Yes, the SF314-512 motherboards come with either 8GB soldered on or 16GB soldered on. No upgrades possible.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Inder5226
    Inder5226 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

MODEL NO. aspire a515-51g , my question of ram upgrade  my system have 4 GB ram with 2133 MHz Speed can we use 8GB ram with 2600 mhz speed. please advise 8gb ram will work with 2600 mhz speed. and please advise if there any issue because the ram freq. is not match so please help me can we upgrade wit 8 gb and 4 gb already pre install in my system. total ram will 12 GB. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    @Inder5226 when asking a similar question, but for a different model, it is always best to start a new thread. Please start one for your A515-51G since that is not one of the SF314-512 models that match this thread. I can look it up for you there... Typically when the stock ram is 2133 faster memory will run at the stock speed or not run at all.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.