JustHere
JustHere Member Posts: 1 New User
i need to know this son i can order the parts

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What types of upgrades do you wish to do? What are you using the computer for? IIRC your system came with an 8th gen i5, 8GB of memory and a 1TB HDD with Optane cache. The first and best upgrade for overall performance is to put an NVMe x4 M.2 SSD in to replace the Optane card, switching the system to boot from the SSD and using the HDD only for data storage. Any other upgrades really require knowing more about your use.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    JustHere said:

Just to give you a guide as this is just my opinion, so take it as you will? First of all, you need to determine what you intend using this upgraded desktop for? As and if its for hard core gaming and high end editing this system can’t upgraded to a high enough spec for you to run those type of functions. If you want to upgrade this desktop for normal gaming, browsing and light editing then the upgrade will be beneficial. Your TC-865-DH11 OEM specs with its i5-8400 cpu and 8GB DDR4 ram, 500W psu and its use of the ‎Intel integrated UHD 630 is a basic browsing and general use desktop.

Your TC-865-DH11 can be upgraded to much better and speedy desktop as it supports a maximum memory size of 32GB total into its 2 slots (2x 16GB DDR4-2666MHz) for best performance. The OEM memory specs are either DDR4-2666MHz or DDR4-2400MHZ 288-pin DIMM’s, the best way to find out the max and appropriate ram types is for you to do the “Crucial System Scan” with your current system, as that will tell you if your TC-865's max ram and if it can support 64GB ram total? 

These are the variables that you can look at upgrading:

1. The OEM cpu can NOT be upgraded to the i7 or i9 97xx or the 99xx cpu’s that is the Socket 1151 speediest cpu's, but your cpu can be upgraded from its OEM i5-8400 6 core / 6 threads / 2.8GHz to turbo boost of 4.0GHz and has 1.5MB to 9MB L2 & 3 cache to the higher spec i7-8700 6 core / 12 threads / 3.2GHz to turbo boost of 4.6GNz 1.5MB to 12MB L2 & 3 cache 3.2 to 4.6GHz that will give you better performance.
    2. You will also need a high end cpu cooler like a Noctua NS-U9S and also improve the case fans like and with the the range that Noctua has of the NF-A12x25 case fan, so you have to measure all that out also. 
    3. Then upgrade the graphics to a dedicated gpu but and with a gpu you also need an appropriate PSU as the TC-865 comes OEM with a 500W psu that is low for todays modern gpu's! If you only want the old but still of pretty good performance like the GTX-1080Ti gpu, that needs a psu of 250W will be ok in your systems psu as an upgrade, but and if you want a higher spec and performing gpu like the GTX-1680Ti this needs a 600W psu or the current and higher performing gpu’s like the RTX-2080Ti that needs a 600W or the RTX-3060Ti 550W psu they all need a higher than 500W psu than what your TC-865-DH11 has.
    4. You can also install a faster NVMe PCIe Gen3 x3 M.2 drive for better performance into its 1x M.2 slot.

So these are the facts of the upgrade options for your TC-865-DH11 that you need as the TC-865's mobo is a none standard size and if you want to upgrade the mobo, then you need to measure and see if a standard Socket 1151 ATX mobo (that you can use the TC-865's OEM cpu, ram) will fit into this case and you have all the securing points to fix this mobo to the case? Also add all the upgrade costs of the new cpu, gpu, ram and psu and even a motherboard and compare the costs to a new and current spec desktop as you will find that the upgrade coats will be very close to buying a new and better spec desktop. Good luck and hope this helps you out as a guide of what's needed. btw, I’ve done this many times, as here iis a guide of I've just built I’ve just built which is a new high end gaming editing AMD system with the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo and 64GB ram (2x 32GB DDR4-3600Mhz CL18) with the AMD 5950X cpu with an MSI GeForce RTX 3080 SEA HAWK X gpu and the Corsair 1000W psu in an Antec Torque open case and this systems, overclocking flexibility to increased performance is outstanding and is very quick.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What types of upgrades do you wish to do? What are you using the computer for? IIRC your system came with an 8th gen i5, 8GB of memory and a 1TB HDD with Optane cache. The first and best upgrade for overall performance is to put an NVMe x4 M.2 SSD in to replace the Optane card, switching the system to boot from the SSD and using the HDD only for data storage. Any other upgrades really require knowing more about your use.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    JustHere said:

Just to give you a guide as this is just my opinion, so take it as you will? First of all, you need to determine what you intend using this upgraded desktop for? As and if its for hard core gaming and high end editing this system can’t upgraded to a high enough spec for you to run those type of functions. If you want to upgrade this desktop for normal gaming, browsing and light editing then the upgrade will be beneficial. Your TC-865-DH11 OEM specs with its i5-8400 cpu and 8GB DDR4 ram, 500W psu and its use of the ‎Intel integrated UHD 630 is a basic browsing and general use desktop.

Your TC-865-DH11 can be upgraded to much better and speedy desktop as it supports a maximum memory size of 32GB total into its 2 slots (2x 16GB DDR4-2666MHz) for best performance. The OEM memory specs are either DDR4-2666MHz or DDR4-2400MHZ 288-pin DIMM’s, the best way to find out the max and appropriate ram types is for you to do the “Crucial System Scan” with your current system, as that will tell you if your TC-865's max ram and if it can support 64GB ram total? 

These are the variables that you can look at upgrading:

1. The OEM cpu can NOT be upgraded to the i7 or i9 97xx or the 99xx cpu’s that is the Socket 1151 speediest cpu's, but your cpu can be upgraded from its OEM i5-8400 6 core / 6 threads / 2.8GHz to turbo boost of 4.0GHz and has 1.5MB to 9MB L2 & 3 cache to the higher spec i7-8700 6 core / 12 threads / 3.2GHz to turbo boost of 4.6GNz 1.5MB to 12MB L2 & 3 cache 3.2 to 4.6GHz that will give you better performance.
    2. You will also need a high end cpu cooler like a Noctua NS-U9S and also improve the case fans like and with the the range that Noctua has of the NF-A12x25 case fan, so you have to measure all that out also. 
    3. Then upgrade the graphics to a dedicated gpu but and with a gpu you also need an appropriate PSU as the TC-865 comes OEM with a 500W psu that is low for todays modern gpu's! If you only want the old but still of pretty good performance like the GTX-1080Ti gpu, that needs a psu of 250W will be ok in your systems psu as an upgrade, but and if you want a higher spec and performing gpu like the GTX-1680Ti this needs a 600W psu or the current and higher performing gpu’s like the RTX-2080Ti that needs a 600W or the RTX-3060Ti 550W psu they all need a higher than 500W psu than what your TC-865-DH11 has.
    4. You can also install a faster NVMe PCIe Gen3 x3 M.2 drive for better performance into its 1x M.2 slot.

So these are the facts of the upgrade options for your TC-865-DH11 that you need as the TC-865's mobo is a none standard size and if you want to upgrade the mobo, then you need to measure and see if a standard Socket 1151 ATX mobo (that you can use the TC-865's OEM cpu, ram) will fit into this case and you have all the securing points to fix this mobo to the case? Also add all the upgrade costs of the new cpu, gpu, ram and psu and even a motherboard and compare the costs to a new and current spec desktop as you will find that the upgrade coats will be very close to buying a new and better spec desktop. Good luck and hope this helps you out as a guide of what's needed. btw, I’ve done this many times, as here iis a guide of I've just built I’ve just built which is a new high end gaming editing AMD system with the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo and 64GB ram (2x 32GB DDR4-3600Mhz CL18) with the AMD 5950X cpu with an MSI GeForce RTX 3080 SEA HAWK X gpu and the Corsair 1000W psu in an Antec Torque open case and this systems, overclocking flexibility to increased performance is outstanding and is very quick.