BIOS update fail Aspire TC-1660

Danlight
Danlight Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have the Acer Aspire TC-1660, and want to update the BIOS. The current BIOS are R01-A4.
I downloaded "BIOS_Acer_R01-B0_Windows(20220412)" and unpacked the files to the default directories.
When I executed the bat-file "FLASH_x64" I get the error "10 - Error: Unable to load driver"
The ROM are in the folder "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\BIOS_Acer_R01-B0_A_A\BIOS_Acer_R01-B0_Windows(20220412)\ROM"

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Danlight the BIOS with A revision cannot be updated with the B revision because it is for a different motherboard revision.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    @Danlight the BIOS with A revision cannot be updated with the B revision because it is for a different motherboard revision.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Make sure you have extracted the zip file instead of working in File Explorer within the zip. Execute the Flash.bat file in the Win directory and it should work for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    did you follow the instructions from billsey to update the bios?

• Danlight

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 pointed out, my motherboard are version A.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,430 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    "A" Bios and "B" Bios are for different GPU's on Acer units. 
  • Danlight

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 pointed out, my motherboard are version A.

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    if you have BIOS Version R01-A4, you can update to R01-BO. You can always update from R01-xx to R01-xx or R02-xx to R02-xx, but not R01-xx to R02-xx. R01 and R02 are for different motherboard versions. I got this information from a support employee from Acer.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I believe @wascas is correct here, you should be able to upgrade the BIOS to R01-B0. As I started earlier run the batch file in the WIN folder.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    @Danlight I might be wrong but as they said above, you still can try to update the BIOS to B. You can look in the Appendix folder for instructions to make sure you didn't miss any steps.