Swift 5 SF514-52T-57WC Bios Crisis recovery

AdrianoBrand
AdrianoBrand Member Posts: 1 New User
My swift 5 died after bios update. It turns on, but no image or anything else.
I downloaded the latest bios 1.11, formated the usb key on fat 32, put the .fd file in 
and tryed power up with the hot keys FN + Esc pressed, but after few seconds it shuts down.
I suspect that I do't have the correct name for the .fd file. 
Any suggestion?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    My swift 5 died after bios update. It turns on, but no image or anything else.
    I downloaded the latest bios 1.11, formated the usb key on fat 32, put the .fd file in 
    and tryed power up with the hot keys FN + Esc pressed, but after few seconds it shuts down.
    I suspect that I do't have the correct name for the .fd file. 
    Any suggestion?

First, did you execute the .fd extraction properly? See here "Acer aspire BIOS extraction/ How to create acer BIOS fd file” as and if you didn’t, then your USB won’t work. Also, this forum prohibits any specific file that mods and/or hacks, change passwords are not permitted on this forum, this is the forums conditions of use. Also I don't know how you bricked your Swift bios as you must have done something drastically wrong, as a bios flash update for the SF514-52T is a very simple executable file and its last version 1.11 the "VVBI0111.exe" file needs to be done within the OS with no software running, the anti-virus disabled and no main power interruptions and no dangers of any bsod's happening while the bios update is being run!

Also a bios update is only needed if you are having troubles with whatever the bios tiled fixes e.g. in the version 1.11 it fixes "Revises settings to support Linux boot up" and its not just done like usual software updates as Acer Warns Consumers categorically "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"! Best way and the cheapest way is to replace the bios chip with a flashed version 1.11 new bios chip that also has to be replaced by experienced tech like I've mentioned above. Good luck and hope this helps you out.