R271 monitor isn't filling the screen

Options
sbz314
sbz314 Member Posts: 3 New User
I updated Windows, and now the monitor doesn't quite get filled. It's like it's shifted down and to the right about a centimeter each way. It's not a huge deal, but it's annoying. For no reason I can discern, the horizontal position option in the monitor's menu is greyed out. I checked that my graphics drivers are updated. I've tried changing to different resolutions and scaling, none of which affects the gap. Anyone have other ideas?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    With 1920x1080 at 100% scaling it should fill the screen. Check to make sure your display settings aren't running at a higher refresh than 60Hz. It's possible the monitor will actually work at a higher refresh than 60Hz, but with the display area reduced. I used to see that type of symptom when overclocking...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    You need a 16/9 aspect ratio resolution to fill the screen. It might help if you could reveal what PC it's connected to. For example, an ACER? Or a Dell? An HP? A  PC model number might help too. 

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    What are the display settings in Windows?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    @sbz314

I understand you say "I updated Windows, and now the monitor doesn't quite get filled"

Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue.. 

Try windows x
    click on power shell admin or command prompt admin 
    type rstrui
    chose an earlier date on which your computer was working fine  
    click on next, finish, yes
    It will restore your computer to an earlier date 
    if you get an message - system restore not completed - click on close 
    It will show you all the icons..
    Try and check whether it is working now ..

If it is still not working try the following the steps..

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Don’t restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    Options
    You need a 16/9 aspect ratio resolution to fill the screen. It might help if you could reveal what PC it's connected to. For example, an ACER? Or a Dell? An HP? A  PC model number might help too. 

Jack E/NJ

• sbz314
    Options
    It's a custom built computer with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K, Nvidia geforce gtx 1060, Windows 10. Display settings 1920 x 1080 at 100% scaling.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>1060, Windows 10. Display settings 1920 x 1080 at 100% scaling.>>>

Right click display settings in empty desktop area. What are the  recommended scaling & resolutions? If not sized properly, simply try 1.25x or 1.5x to fill the screen. Post a phone photo of what you're seeing if it can't be filled.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    With 1920x1080 at 100% scaling it should fill the screen. Check to make sure your display settings aren't running at a higher refresh than 60Hz. It's possible the monitor will actually work at a higher refresh than 60Hz, but with the display area reduced. I used to see that type of symptom when overclocking...
  • JackE
    Options
    Right click display settings in empty desktop area. What are the  recommended scaling & resolutions? If not sized properly, simply try 1.25x or 1.5x to fill the screen. Post a phone photo of what you're seeing if it can't be filled.

Jack E/NJ

• sbz314
    Options
    The refresh rate was higher and that fixed it. Thank you billsey, never would have thought to change that. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for reporting back. :)

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    Great to hear! Please mark the appropriate solution so others with the same issue will be able to find it.