Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 - Nitro Sense Can't Detect Discrete GPU Even When Being Used

ShangWang
ShangWang Member Posts: 186 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
edited May 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I tried re-installing nitro sense and it still won't detect my discrete GPU, it works perfectly fine and it's temperature can be tracked with MSIafterburner but nitro sense won't detect it. 

How can you fix this issue?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>I would say my graphics driver is the reason >>>

Does this mean you updated the nvidia driver a few days ago even though the old driver and nitrosense seemed to be OK?

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Still running Win10?

Jack E/NJ

• ShangWang
    JackE said:
    Still running Win10?
    Yep. The graphics card itself works perfectly just don't know why it won't detect the GPU even when it's running a game on the dGPU.
  • JackE
    Did nitrosense ever work correctly? We've had a few other reports like this one.

Jack E/NJ

• ShangWang
    JackE said:
    Did nitrosense ever work correctly? We've had a few other reports like this one.
    Yep, worked perfectly fine until a few days ago.
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see and automatic restore point created a few days ago?

Jack E/NJ

• ShangWang
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see and automatic restore point created a few days ago?
    Yes, though I don't actually have many restore points and only have the only created for re-installing nitro sense. I would say my graphics driver is the reason for why it might not show up, but I already clean installed my nvidia drivers so I don't know what's the issue.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

Does this mean you updated the nvidia driver a few days ago even though the old driver and nitrosense seemed to be OK?

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,763 Pathfinder
    @ShangWang you can try to install a newer Nitrosense version from the AN515-54 model support site.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • ShangWang
    JackE said:

All good now, seemed to fix itself without me doing anything.
  • JackE
    OK. Thanks for reporting back. ;):p

Jack E/NJ