acer aspire 4750G behaving unsual

AshKal
AshKal Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited May 2022 in Aspire Laptops
 UEFI, windows 10 64 upgrade, BIOS v1.19(Packard bell) doesnt restart, SSD after power off manually has yo switch off. with battery many more different behaviour. keyboard works partly. Ethernet shuts off goes to WiFi.
what is the remedy?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Try to install correct BIOS v1.24 from this link.

Jack E/NJ

• AshKal
    FYI, old acer mother board with BIOS v1.24 was behaving same way (except key board was working properly)
  • AshKal
    tried to install BIOS v1.24 from acer but restart cannot happened. keyboard was working ok once afterward same problems; later found out same 1.19 bios there. acer not good in support especially win 10 and older products.
  • JackE
    Sorry, you must specify the exact mainboard model that you have if it is no longer the ACER 4750G mainboard.  A PackardBell BIOS is inappropriate for an ACER 4750G mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

• AshKal
    the motherboard was sold by comFly.eu poland website as acer4750G but OEM for Packard bell. as of now Keyboard problem because of BIOS(polish KB?) i cannot flash BIO V1.24 because of Battery is totally dead. what if i use other bios for acer 2.XX 11mb size?
  • JackE
    Can you enter the BIOS menu and post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab? We must know the PackardBell model number to identify the motherboard.

Jack E/NJ

• AshKal
    edited May 2022
    Serial number LXBRT02*********
    Product Name ENNS11HR

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

• AshKal
    edited May 2022
    SNID:10373********
    (Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

• JackE
    If you can enter the BIOS menu, then you should NOT be trying to change the BIOS firmware. It is working properly. It is not corrupt. You should reinstall the operating system on the boot drive to fix the problem.

Jack E/NJ

• AshKal
    I have Tried different win7 in original 640GB HDD result is same. presently using SSD.
  • JackE
    >>>I have Tried different win7 in original 640GB HDD result is same. presently using SSD. >>>

Sorry. Your BIOS is fine. The problem is that the Windows license is now embedded in the mainboard. it's no longer on HDD or SSD. This means Windows activated on another mainboard won't be activated or run properly until a valid Microsoft license is obtained for the new mainboard. Furthermore, Windows 7 is no longer supported. So it is best to try to install Windows 10 on the new mainboard with a valid Microsoft license

Jack E/NJ