ACER PREDATOR ORION 7000 - stutters every 20 minutes.

Joni3090
Joni3090 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited May 2022 in Predator Desktops
Just bought this $5000 setup with my spare change (NOT), and I'm quite stunned that the machine freezes every 20 minutes or so. Actually makes in unusable for gaming and collab working. As every time this happens my Jabra Speakphone 510 dies, and I have to reconnect it mid-game. This resulting in me having a dedicated pc just for discord. All the while my $5000 systems, now a $7000 because of the Discord-pc, keeps stuttering... An explanation that "I have to toss my usb's" randomly around is not satisfying AT ALL. Calling ACER didnt help. Still waiting for the support-ticket. Some help please?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Reinstall Predator Sense. Use it to set your fan modes the way you like, then shut the app down...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Take a look in Task Scheduler and see what is getting launched every 20 minutes. What are you running for an antivirus? They often have mini-scans or update check setup on similar intervals.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Joni3090

Tinkerer

Meanwhile I came across a post that blamed the Predator Sense app. Deleted the app, Problem is gone. On the other hand, I'm left with a $5000 machine sounding like a vacuumcleaner, that still overheats... Hmm, thinking about returning the whole rig.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Reinstall Predator Sense. Use it to set your fan modes the way you like, then shut the app down...
  • Joni3090

Tinkerer

Thanks alot! I became PredatorSense-paranoid... It worked just fine! hehe, keeping the rig!