Acer Predator Triton 300 - problem waking it up.

Options
BeiBei
BeiBei Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited May 2022 in Predator Laptops
Why is it I am unable to wake up my laptop when its shuts down after being in sleep mode. I move the mouse and tap the keyboard and nothing, The power in on - keyboard lights up but get a blank screen. The only way to get life back into it is to hold and press the ON button for a few secs.... that can't be right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do in left pane'. Change all settings to sleep on battery and plugged. Then click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the screen. Scroll down and UNcheck the box for fast startup if not already unchecked. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @BeiBei

You can try to reinstall the battery drivers to check with it.

Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy

Check the above image to reinstall the battery drivers. After reinstalling the driver make sure to reboot the laptop once and then check with it.

Hope it will help you in some way. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do in left pane'. Change all settings to sleep on battery and plugged. Then click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the screen. Scroll down and UNcheck the box for fast startup if not already unchecked. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on.

Jack E/NJ

• BeiBei

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Thank you so much for responding, I managed to it figure out and it was exactly what you said. It's working fine now... 🙏Now I just have to figure out why it sometimes doesn't fire up when I press the power button, the joys of technology.... just waiting for technical support to get back to me. 😊
  • BeiBei

Tinkerer

Options
    ragsak28 said:
    Hi @BeiBei

You can try to reinstall the battery drivers to check with it.

Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy

Check the above image to reinstall the battery drivers. After reinstalling the driver make sure to reboot the laptop once and then check with it.

Hope it will help you in some way. 

JackE said:
    Thank you so much for responding, I managed to it figure out, it was exactly what @JackE said and it's behaving itself. 🙏Now I'm just figuring out why it sometimes doesn't fire up when I press the power button, I have to force shut down and it fires up the second time.. very strange. Anywho, waiting for technical support to get back to me. 😊
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Now I'm just figuring out why it sometimes doesn't fire up when I press the power button, I have to force shut down and it fires up the second time.. very strange. Anywho, waiting for technical support to get back to me>>>

Do you get a black screen?

Jack E/NJ

• BeiBei

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Now I'm just figuring out why it sometimes doesn't fire up when I press the power button, I have to force shut down and it fires up the second time.. very strange. Anywho, waiting for technical support to get back to me>>>

Do you get a black screen?
    Keyboard lights up showing there is power, fan comes on then off and yes a black screen.. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Does pressing FN+F6 or FN+F5 toggle screen on? If not, does HDMI out to a TV screen work? Again, pressing FN+F5 to turn TV on?

Jack E/NJ

• BeiBei

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Does pressing FN+F6 or FN+F5 toggle screen on? If not, does HDMI out to a TV screen work? Again, pressing FN+F5 to turn TV on?
    I will try it when it happens again, although tech support say to reset it to factory settings and see it it works if not then I will have to send it in to be fixed. Thanks again for all your help, it is very much appreciated.😊