Can't get no support, registration, warranty issues, spontaneous shutdown

Options
SBHelp
SBHelp Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

1) I have tried 4 different browsers. I have allowed pop-ups in each and still I cannot access chat support. It tells me that chat has opened in a new window and to make sure pop-ups are allowed. They are allowed and yet I still can't get the chat window. Why is it so hard. I have no issues anywhere else (Dell, Best Buy, etc.). 

2) I registered my product and yet it does not show up in my registered products list. When I try to register it again...it says that it is already registered!

3) Something weird going on with the warranty. When I use the S/N the warranty is perfect. Yet, when I use the SNID...it says 2012! I bought this laptop this year from Best Buy Canada. I have a receipt.

4) And my biggest issue: The laptop will spontaneousy restart. It is doing it more often now. I thought at first it was a driver issue as it seemed to be doing it when I tried adjusting the sound, but now it just does it...whenever. Blue screen of death? I use this computer for business. I can't lose work or cut off a meeting. I once managed to contact support...by phone I believe...and they just told me to do a computer reset. I did. Clearly not working.

Please help.

Comments

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,307 Community Administrator
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello @SBHelp

I am sorry to hear the experience you’re having. Please, send me a 
    private message and provide your serial number and contact information. I will be happy to escalate the message to our support team for follow up. 

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums.

Kind Regards,

Acer-Ingrid