If CPUZ tells me that my P03-630 mobo has PCIE 4.0 does that mean that all of my PCIE slots are 4.0?

Skipper0526
Skipper0526 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I had read someone say that the mobo is keeping my ssd's and my gpu from reaching its full potential because it only has gen 3 pcie slots. So I finally downloaded cpuz and looked at what I really had in my prebuilt and was shocked to see pcie 4.0. Now, I don't know if maybe the pcie slot for the gpu is the only gen 4 slot on the board? But maybe some here can explain. My pc is a P03-UA15. Thank you!!!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It's possible to have either a gen3 or gen4 PCIe sockets for an m.2 SSD. It should accept either a gen3 or gen4 SATA3 or NVME card and operate at SATA3 speeds.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It's possible to have either a gen3 or gen4 PCIe sockets for an m.2 SSD. It should accept either a gen3 or gen4 SATA3 or NVME card and operate at SATA3 speeds.

Jack E/NJ

• Skipper0526
    Skipper0526 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I did notice that cpuz says  the graphics interface is 4.0 but when it came to SSD and HDD no spec on gen was given. Thank you for your response. I would like to ask were you got that clip of information from though if you don't mind?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    @Skipper0526 you can check with crystal disk info for the M.2 slot PCIe interface.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Jack's snippet is from the service guide and the guide itself isn't publicly available. We are just allowed to post snips like his.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.