What ddr4 ram to I get for my aspire 3 A315-58 , it has 8gb ram and says I can have 12gb ram

Thirskcounselling22
Thirskcounselling22 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Ive never upgraded ram before, is it simple?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Go to crucial.com and run their scanner on your laptop for RAM upgrades that are compatible with your model. Depending on which A3 model you have (there are dozen of A3 models), you might now have 4GB non-replaceable RAM plus 4GB replaceable RAM. This means you might have to replace the 4GB RAM with an 8GB RAM for 12GB total RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Fairly easy to do. Remove 11 screws and pry off base cover to access the RAM socket. Then it's simply a matter of pushing the two metal tab outward and the existing module pops up and can be pulled out of the socket at an angle. New module slides in at the same angle, then pushed down and the two metal tabs will spring shut to hold it down.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,427 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like A3xx-xx.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Go to crucial.com and run their scanner on your laptop for RAM upgrades that are compatible with your model. Depending on which A3 model you have (there are dozen of A3 models), you might now have 4GB non-replaceable RAM plus 4GB replaceable RAM. This means you might have to replace the 4GB RAM with an 8GB RAM for 12GB total RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• Thirskcounselling22

Aspire A315-58brummyfan2 said:

Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like A3xx-xx.
    Sorry its 

Aspire A315-58

• Thirskcounselling22
    JackE said:
    Mine has 8gb ram but says I can upgrade. Never Don it before. Will check out crucial. Com. Thanks
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Fairly easy to do. Remove 11 screws and pry off base cover to access the RAM socket. Then it's simply a matter of pushing the two metal tab outward and the existing module pops up and can be pulled out of the socket at an angle. New module slides in at the same angle, then pushed down and the two metal tabs will spring shut to hold it down.

Jack E/NJ