Acer L4360G verition upgrade options?

stevmik
stevmik Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2022 in Legacy Desktops
hi ty for welcoming me !...wanted to ask possible to upgrade my acer verton
video card i only see a vga adaptor and no pci slot?..any kind souls have an answer?

[Thread is edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    What is your full Veriton model number? For example, Veriton X2690G?

Jack E/NJ

• stevmik
    L4360G model 
  • JackE
    OK. You can add up to two 8GB DDR3 sdram modules 1033MHz or faster for a total of 16GB RAM. You can also add a SATA3 SSD card up to 2TB. However, graphics is integrated with a mainboard that has no full size PCIe graphics socket to support a separate GPU card. Sorry

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Are you sure it's not a Veriton L460G model? I can't find any information on a L4360G... If it is actually the L460G model you should have both a VGA port and a DVI port with the builtin GPU. Also the SATA port is SATA2, not SATA3. You can use a SATA3 drive, but it will run at the slower SATA2 speeds. A SSD is by far the biggest speed boost you can do with this old Vista era machine.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    It's L4630G. OK. You can add up to two 8GB DDR3 sdram modules 1033MHz or faster for a total of 16GB RAM. You can also add a SATA3 SSD card up to 2TB. However, graphics is integrated with a mainboard that has no full size PCIe graphics socket to support a separate GPU card. Sorry

Jack E/NJ

• stevmik
    ya fraid of that