I might need some help for an italian keyboard TravelMate P215-51G

Hoygen83
Hoygen83 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hello,
Last year I bought an acer TravelMate P215-51G I think the code for the keyboard is NX.VJTET.002m anyway it is an italian one.
I checked on the italian official part reseller, "olifax.it / ricambi.php" and on the site the model is not even available.
Where can I buy a new one for that laptop?
If I plug an external keyboard all keys are fine, but if I use the one inside the notebook, there are some keys, like "T" or "J" not typing at all.
Thank you in advance for the help.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    We need a little more info... Did you model come with the keyboard backlight option? There are also other smaller differences between the various keyboards for Italian on that model. Here are all the part numbers: 6B.VJYN5.026, 6B.VJNN5.026, 6B.VJXN5.026, 6B.VJPN5.026, 6B.VJJN5.026 and 6B.VJBN5.026. In all cases that is for the full assembly which includes the top case half, since they don't sell the keyboard itself separately, the keyboard is bonded to the top case, not screwed in place. Although the NX.VJTET.002 model number should be enough to find the correct keyboard, I only have access to that level of detail for USA and Canada models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Have you tried removing the hygroscopic contamination (food crumbs) that have accumulated on the key switches under the T and J key covers? You can do this by gently using a facial blush brush to reach under the key covers while blowing air to help dislodge and remove the contamination that is preventing the key switches from operating properly

Jack E/NJ