ACER Predator Orion 5000 PO5-640 3080 it has only HDMI 2.0

Jaydc
Jaydc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2022 in Predator Desktops
Hi guys just after some information about the above PC  in the UK at Currys it states that it has only HDMI 2.0 and I need 2.1 is this correct? 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    Jaydc said:
    Hi guys just after some information about the above PC  in the UK at Currys it states that it has only HDMI 2.0 and I need 2.1 is this correct? 
    It does not support HDMI 2.1 (dynamic HDR, eARC, DTS:X) which the HDMI 2.0 does not support. You cant change the HDMI 2.0 to 2.1 on this mobo as you will need a new mobo to upgrade to an HDMI 2.1. 
  • Jaydc
    Jaydc Member Posts: 2 New User
    How is this I thought all 3080s came with HDMI 2.1 natively? 
  • Baq99
    Baq99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I would also like to know how this is possible.  There isn't a motherboard HDMI socket and the socket on the RTX 3080 is HDMI 2.1.  So either ACER have downgraded the 3080 or it's not a 3080 in the machine.  I'm pretty certain this (ACER Predator Orion 5000 PO5-640 3080) machine must have HDMI 2.1.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I think Steven just has the model confused. The PO5-640 comes with no onboard video, so the ports on the 3070 or 3080 are the only HDMI, and both boards support HDMI 2.1 on those cards. Curry's is not exactly well known for putting the right specs on their product pages, they tend to fall into a copy'n'paste nightmare sometimes. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TeddyDuchamp
    TeddyDuchamp Member Posts: 5 New User
    I’m just about to buy this same PC and also wondering about this.
    Can someone confirm this PO5 640 does have a 2.1 HMDI port in its RTX 3080 please?

Just one more thing…can someone tell me what PSU it comes with also?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Yes, all of the 3070 or 3080 models have HDMI 2.1.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TeddyDuchamp
    TeddyDuchamp Member Posts: 5 New User
    Great news. I thought it must have but just had to make sure.
    Thanks man.