Acer 4K monitor CB271HK input selection gives blank screen

Options
neilvbell
neilvbell Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2022 in Monitors
Hi, I have a weird issue with my Acer CB271HK 4k monitor. I have all three inputs connected: DP, HDMI and DVI. Often I will find the monitor with a blank screen but the menu button won't do anything. It is like it has gone to sleep for that input. I try turning it off and on but it comes to same blank screen. The best solution I have found is to unplug the inputs until I find which it is connected to, at which point the screen goes darker and then the menu button will appear again and I can re-plug the inputs and select the one I want. Is there some over-active sleep function or something like that and can I turn it off? It is really hampering my experience with this otherwise nice monitor.

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @neilvbell

You can try to reinstall the display drivers to check if that makes any difference.

How to Check and Install Missing Drivers in Windows 11 - DroidWin

NOTE: Make sure to reboot the computer in order to reinstall the drivers again.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• neilvbell
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi ragsak28, thanks for the suggestion. The issue appears to be across a few machines (part of the problem being that I am needing to alternate which I am viewing). I think it might relate to some kind of sleep function, such as one of the displays going to sleep. However, the problem is that whatever it is prevents the monitor menu buttons from working so I can't change the display port. The only (cumbersome) workaround is to unplug the displays until the relevant one is removed and it then looks for other displays and it is fine again until next time.
    Any thoughts on sleep functions it anything else that would cause the menu to not display? Even powering off the monitor and owing back on just brings it back to the same (sleeping?) blank screen and no menu options.

• neilvbell
    Options

Hi,

I still have this issue with the monitor and it is infuriating. I feel like it might be a glitch with my monitor if no-one else has the issue but am hoping someone recognises it and can offer advice. Basically I have the monitor set up to connect to multiple PCs (for work & home). The appears to go into some kind of sleep mode, possibly when it receives little or no input from the connected PC for a while (like when the screen has gone to sleep through the OS power settings) but it won't wake up again and the monitor settings buttons do nothing (nothing even shows up). The most I see is a flicker when it is first trying to connect and then everything is blank but the screen is powered on (it isn't the absolute dark of a powered off screen).

Sometimes rebooting the PC will force it to wake up but it may take multiple goes. Sometimes, if I have multiple screens for the PC I can spend a while turning the screen on and off in the OS but it can take quite a while. :( Hoping someone can offer some insight. I don't think it can be drivers as this is across multiple machines, all entirely different spec (work laptop, home Windows gaming rig & home file-server). I am also using different cables (using each of the input options: hdmi, d-port and DVI).

Kind regards,

Neil