My XB271HU A has red stripes on left half of the screen

Options
IanArena
IanArena Member Posts: 2 New User
I just moved out of my apartment into a new place and after setting up my pc I played a few games, then noticed these red vertical lines going down the entire left half of my screen in only the very dark areas. I'm pretty sure they weren't there when I first booted up my pc but I can't be too sure. I know it's an issue with the monitor because it persists after I turn it on without it being plugged into my pc. It looks almost the exact same as this monitor I found when looking into the issue. https://imgur.com/CwNG6Qh

The problem also still persists after I factory reset the monitor.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    Perhaps you should post a phone photo of what you're seeing. Preferrably with a full screen single color image of jpg file in Paint. Preferrably red. Because I really don't see what are described as red vertical lines in the imgur link. I see big red & orange smudges and a lot of backlight bleed in what I think is supposed to be a pure half red and half black screen.

Jack E/NJ

• IanArena
    IanArena Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Perhaps you should post a phone photo of what you're seeing. Preferrably with a full screen single color image of jpg file in Paint. Preferrably red. Because I really don't see what are described as red vertical lines in the imgur link. I see big red & orange smudges and a lot of backlight bleed in what I think is supposed to be a pure half red and half black screen.
    Sorry I should have explained that image but that entire background should be black. The left half is red because of the problem. If the image quality was better you'd be able to see all the red is made up of pretty close together vertical stripes. The red stripes only show on dark black portions on the screen. BUT

I was literally taking a screenshot of a black to grey gradient on the screen to show you when I accidentally fixed it. It's a lot of explaining if I wanted to go into why I did this but what fixed it was me changing the G-Sync setting for when it's enabled. It's found in the Nvidia control panel under set up G-SYNC. I had it set to "Enable for full screen mode" originally but tried changing it to "Enable for windowed and full screen mode". Which did nothing. But when I changed it back to "Enable for full screen mode" it fixed the issue. I heard it was a G-sync related issue before so that's what prompted me to mess with some of the settings. Pretty weird.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK. Thanks for reporting back. So bottom line is that G-Sync enabled in full screen mode works OK. But not OK in windowed and full screen mode?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    Since they show up while the splash screen (the Predator logo) is still being displayed, the issue has to be in the monitor rather than in the PC or cabling. My guess is that during the move something shook partially loose inside. I'd see if I could find a local tech to look at it just to make sure all the cables have been reseated.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.