165Hz setting is now not working EI322QURP

Options
pfearn2303
pfearn2303 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2022 in Monitors
I had my gaming PC and monitor, Acer Nitro EI322QURP set at 165Hz but yesterday I noticed it was 60Hz. I tried all settings but the maximum it gave was 60Hz. It is also displaying Active Signal Mode 3840 X 2160 60Hz in display settings. I have tried all settings in the Nvidia control panel and PC but now I have no option for 165Hz. I have tried another monitor on my PC and it ran at 240Hz so it is not the PC or graphics card. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is enabled in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp from yesterday or the day before?

Jack E/NJ

• pf2303
    pf2303 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks, I tried that but it was still the same. After hours and hours of trying different settings, I managed to find what was causing the problem. In G-Force Experience I had image scaling switched on so I switched it off and I have now got my 165Hz back. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I managed to find what was causing the problem. In G-Force Experience I had image scaling switched on so I switched it off and I have now got my 165Hz back.  >>>

Congratulations Thanks for reporting back on the root cause. This should help others who run into this issue. However, you also said >>> I have tried another monitor on my PC and it ran at 240Hz so it is not the PC or graphics card.>>>. How do you explain this?

Jack E/NJ