A515-45G randomly rebooting. No bluescreens or anything. Just freezing and rebooting.

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options

Sorry. Anything but an original factory installed OEM Windows reset from the hidden OEM recovery partition can rule in or rule out a hardware issue. A Win11 upgrade or generic Win10 install using the media creations tool is about the least informative way of determining which. Furthermore, the generic installations risk losing access to the original hidden OEM factory reset partition.

At any rate, I'd still like to know if the random reboots ever happen ***PLUGGED IN*** when battery is above 50% charge level? I understood that you got a reboot at 58% charge level but not clear it was ***PLUGGED IN***?

Jack E/NJ

• toni15538
    toni15538 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2022
    Options

This laptop came without any OS installed, so i think it doesn't have any OEM Windows or recovery partition. And by installing Windows from a USB i mean I've fully formated the ssd within the windows USB installation wizard, something like a clean install.

These reboots are happening whether the battery is 50%, 70%, 100%, whether is plugged or not, wether I stress it with video-editing or just browsing in chrome... At most times I use the laptop, while plugged in.

These reboots were happening even before opening this thread. Same usage, same programs and same factors(plugged in, battery percentage, etc.).

Since this issue took much of my time and attention. I will just proceed and get another laptop.

• JackE
    Options

>>>This laptop came without any OS installed,>>>

OK, this then seems to be a hardware issue. Probably due to a mainboard safety interlock switch. The bottom cover must be properly aligned & tightened to press hard enough against the switch button to keep it in the 'on' position. Slight distortion of the bottom cover can occur by simply using the keyboard, touchpad or otherwise moving the laptop. If the bottom cover is slightly warped, this can sometimes momentarily trigger the switch to briefly turn off power to the mainboard and result in a re-boot. I suggest first trying tightening the bottom screws to see if it stops the reboots while using the machine. If not, a spacer taped to the inside bottom cover to press harder against the switch might resolve the issue.

Jack E/NJ

• krstbtk
    krstbtk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello,

I think I will go mad because of the same issue. My Acer A515-45-R58W randomly restarts about 3 times a day. This is super annoying and no solution can be found.

• Green_Python
    Green_Python Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi.

Are you still having problems with your laptop? Did you manage to solve them somehow?

I also have a brand new Acer Aspire A515-45-R58W that I just bought and also faced a similar phenomenon.

• gilvanvilarim
    gilvanvilarim Member Posts: 90 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi, guys, same problem here in Brazil. Any solution? Acer in Brazil has no answer for these random restarts... My model is A515-45-R760.

__

Professor de Computação no IFRJ

Visite https://linktr.ee/gilvanvilarim

• JackE
    Options

As mentioned earlier, OK, this might be a hardware issue. Probably due to a mainboard safety interlock switch. The bottom cover must be properly aligned & tightened to press hard enough against the switch button to keep it in the 'on' position. Slight distortion of the bottom cover can occur by simply using the keyboard, touchpad or otherwise moving the laptop. If the bottom cover is slightly warped, this can sometimes momentarily trigger the switch to briefly turn off power to the mainboard and result in a re-boot. I suggest first trying tightening the bottom screws to see if it stops the reboots while using the machine. If not, a spacer taped to the inside bottom cover to press harder against the switch might resolve the issue.

Jack E/NJ

• NIkolG
    NIkolG Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, I have the same problem as you." Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G random restarts" Did you find a solution?

• Dimas80
    Dimas80 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options
    My acer-aspire-5-a515-45-r4p7 laptop has exactly the same problem.
    For a long time I could not understand the reason for spontaneous reboots, but I noticed that the laptop often reboots when the notification sound from the messenger plays, then I realized that the problem was in the sound card. To check, I disabled the sound card in the device manager and the reboot stopped.
    I tried many versions of Realtek drivers, none of the drivers solved the problem.
    Have you solved the problem?