Upgrading the CPU on my Acer Aspire TC-120 Desktop PC

leeman58
leeman58 Member Posts: 2 New User
Can I upgrade the CPU on my Acer Aspire TC-120(2016)Desktop PC to make it Windows 11 compatible

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Sorry, no at the moment. However, Win11 requirements might change in the future to allow your mainboard to function. There is no real practical advantage to Win11 over Win10 except marketing hype at this time

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    leeman58 said:
    Can I upgrade the CPU on my Acer Aspire TC-120(2016)Desktop PC to make it Windows 11 compatible

The TC-120's AMD Socket FM2+ CPU's are not a compatible CPU for Win-11 as you will also need a compatible motherboard to actually be able to install the new Microsoft Win-11 OS as your motherboard hasn’t got the TPM 2.0 compatibility.

If you want to install Win-11 then you will have to upgrade a few components (if you want to go that way?) and change your motherboard that is a compatible Win-11 CPU of either the AMD or Intel types, to DDR4 type RAM and also your upograde the OEM PSU of 220W of the TC-120 to a higher spec like a 650W if you will want an addition of a modern spec GPU like the GTX, RTX or the AMD RX range as they will need a higher PSU than your OEM 220W. so all in all you will need a new PC if you want to go to either the upgrade route or to the new PC route.