Conceptd 5 (US) keyboard replacement

I bought a white Conceptd 5 refurbished from B&H 2 years ago. The “s” key stopped working most of the time after my warranty period ended. Then it was the on/off key that stopped working. 
I took the laptop to a repair place in Germany (where I am living now) and they say I need to order a replacement keyboard, and that they cannot source the part, because their sources only have German keyboards. Does anyone know where I can get a new replacement keyboard, and top cover if necessary, hopefully at a good price? Does Acer supply replacement parts?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Before replacing the keyboard, try this first. Use a soft facial blush brush to gently dig under the S key cover from all sides to try to dislodge hygroscopic debris (for example, food crumbs mixed with fur.hair dander) that usually accumulates on the keyswitch mechanism under the key cover. Try to blow air from a vacuum cleaner or canned air at the same time you're using the brush to help remove the loosened debris. Try to avoid using the brush too hard or the key cover may come off and is difficult to put back on. Repeatedly tapping the key after thoroughly cleaning usually will bring back normal key function.

Jack E/NJ

• warrped
    warrped Member Posts: 1 New User

hello,

i also need keyboard replacement. Any ideas where to get these? Does Acer not have them in supply?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

warrped

Usually sold as the whole top cover including palmrest. The keyboard itself is cheaper but difficult to affix to top cover due to plastic welds that usually have to be broken and re-welded. Simplly google search keywords the full model number for example 'cn715-71' 'keyboard' & 'international'

Jack E/NJ