What glue or adhesive can I use to reattach one of the rubber feet on my Nitro 5?

Unspoken1807
Unspoken1807 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I want to make sure that whatever adhesive I use to put the rubber foot back on won’t have a weird reaction with the plastic and will also not melt from the heat of using it, even with a cooling pad, like the factory one did. Any suggestions? Nitro 5 

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    I want to make sure that whatever adhesive I use to put the rubber foot back on won’t have a weird reaction with the plastic and will also not melt from the heat of using it, even with a cooling pad, like the factory one did. Any suggestions?

Your Nitro 5 should not get so hot that it affects these pads/feet underneath, if you have high temps then you need to check the fans for dirt, felt and/or faulty bearing and if the fans are damaged then change the cpu/gpu fans with new ones, also repaste the cpu/gpu to reduce heat with a high quality thermal paste. I’ve got a Nitro 5 and it never ever overheats. Don't use a glue as a thin invisible double sided tape is adequate and will work to stick the rubber pads on the Nitro 5 as using a glue is messy but the best is a thin layer of JB Weld if you want to go to that route?

• Swapnil282002
    Swapnil282002 Member Posts: 1 New User

The same thing happened to me,

And it looks like I lost the feet

Where can I get a spare rubber feet

• CGG
    CGG Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Forget about using a 'glue', especially if you are concerned with reactivity issues, I would actually recommend using a RTV silicone sealant, and actually recommend using any of the Permatex RTV silicone sealants and gasket makers, and yes I am talking about the stuff you get at the auto parts store that is used for and with engine part gaskets.

Permatex's RTV silicone sealants are usable from about -65 to 650 degrees F and remain flexible after curing, and if for some reason down the road it becomes necessary the RTV can be removed with some relative ease and with 99.9999% no damage or detriment to your computer.

I use Permatex RTV silicone sealants and gasket makers on nearly everything that needs a temporary gluing until I can do a permanent fix, it's the temporary 'glue' version of Duct Tape, if its temporary repair requires 'gluing' and it's vinyl rubber plastic glass or metal it'll get Permatex RTV silicone sealant and gasket maker used. No, this isn't a paid ad, I truly use this stuff and recommend it for this particular application.

• OreoKitten
    OreoKitten Member Posts: 1 New User

I also lost the rubber feet. Did you by any chance manage to find some cheap replacements along with whatever you used to stick them in place?