Acer Travelmate Spin B TMB118-RN-P31H - NO BOOTABLE DEVICE

2»

Answers

• Did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new hard drive?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bigredsaab
    Bigredsaab Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    egydiocoelho - i did not disconnect the battery but after your advice did so and no difference.  So i tried another working hard disc from another computer without any better result.    Thanks for your help and efforts!
  • Bigredsaab
    So the saga continues... i got an SSD drive from Amazon and plugged it in.. with a USB to enable boot up.  At least unlike before when i plugged an old SATA drive the computer booted up from USB.  (Media Creation tool downloading Windows 10 64 bit onto USB flash drive)   So I think I can conclude that the cable and new hard drive are not causing an issue.
    However....

I am stuck in trying to install Windows...   (this is from memory/scribbled note as computer not actually with me so might not be 100% accurate!) 

INSTALL WINDOW Options

If i go for Custom set up Option - i get error message of 'We couldn't find any devices' and ask for a driver download .. i understand what a driver is but no idea how to get one onto a computer which isn't working!

If go for the upgrade option - I get error message saying it isn't available

So I then went down the REPAIR Options

I Selected Trouble Shooting  had six options:-

start up repair - error message of wouldn't open

I then selected system recovery got error message of 'windows cannot find a system recovery'

I then tried System restore - error message asking to specify which windows installation

Command prompt - goes to Command Prompt!

Pretty stuck now.. any advice gratefully received....

Many thanks
  • Can you send a picture of the error that appears?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    The Custom option is correct. In the BIOS take pictures for us for the Advanced; SATA Configuration, Advanced; Device Configuration and Information screens (on Information, edit the image to blank out the serial numbers).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bigredsaab
    Please attached the pictures as you asked... i remain very grateful!
  • billsey
    So nothing unusual showing there. I can't image which driver would be missing during the Custom install option. You could try extracting the chipset drivers, the serial IO drivers and the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface Driver to separate folders on the install flash drive, then try loading each one using the load driver option on that screen to see if any allow the SSD to appear.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bigredsaab
    Thanks for your further help on this one.... but i am not sure where the chipset drivers/serial IO drivers and intel trusted execution Engine Interface Driver are on the USB  (There are loads of folders/files)!.. is there a search i can do... or can you guide me bit more?  When you say 'extract' do you mean unzip as i cant seem to find any zipped files.  Do I need to create different folders for each different sub sect of driver?  Thanks very much for ALL your help so far!
  • billsey
    They aren't on the USB unless you have downloaded them from the Acer support site and extracted them to the flash drive.
  • Bigredsaab
    What drivers do I need to find on the Acer site.... do you know of any links as i have tried google and it gives me way too many choices..... this is proving to be much harder than i anticipated but because the computer is worth quite a lot i am reluctant to throw it away.  Many thanks for your help but understand if you give up on me!
  • The new hard drive is not showing up here:

Did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new hard drive?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bigredsaab
    So i downloaded and extracted the drivers but using the list you provided but it doesn't seem to show any drivers on the USB just folders and i keep getting the error message 'No signed device drivers were found.  Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers'  Think its time for the bin as i am just not able to move forward.. frustrating after all the help you have given me
  • billsey
    Yes, quite frustrating. I wish we could have pinned it down... :(
  • Bigredsaab
    I was hoping it was going to be possible to be told where and what drivers i needed but my searches on the internet havn't helped... wasted quite a lot of money on a drive and cable now!
  • The new hard drive is not showing up here:
    Did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new hard drive?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer