XC885 Desktop

Options
I am on my second XC885 desktop from Curry’s now one of the HDMI outputs has stopped working and the pc keeps playing up windows blue screen issues disappointing as purchased Sep 19 any advice is appreciated thanks

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Eightiescasual

Make sure you have the latest BIOS version first. At the right pane of this page, click the "Drivers and Manals" , find the latest BIOS version for your XC885.
    See if the latest BIOS is what your XC885 is using.

If you have the latest BIOS, one thing you can try is to reset your PC, but before doing so, I'll suggest you to do a System Image backup.

When bootup, hold down the ALT key and keep tapping the F10 key until you see the Restore Menu.

Troubleshoot>Reset this PC (then choose whether you want to keep your files), this process will take a while, be patience.

Check if you PC is working fine.

If the BSOD problem persist, then I'll suggest a clean install of Win 10 or Win 11 of your choice by downloading from the Microsoft web site and create the Windows installation flash drive by Microsoft's Media Creation Tool there.

Sometimes, issues cannot be resolved by PC reset can be overcome with a clean Windows install.

Your case maybe just somekind of bad driver of Win 10 or the bad HDMI port (or the HDMI port is not bad hardware wise).
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,945 Trailblazer
    Options
    I am on my second XC885 desktop from Curry’s now one of the HDMI outputs has stopped working and the pc keeps playing up windows blue screen issues disappointing as purchased Sep 19 any advice is appreciated thanks

Just further advice for your XC-885 desktop as its under Acer 12 months warranty until Sep 19 2022, so phone Acer and explain to them what the problem is with your desktop, as a HDMI faulty port component is covered under warranty and Acer will fix it and/or replace the motherboard. Don’t touch and/or open your desktop as it could void your warranty and resetting and a clean install is a first step but will not fix a faulty HDMI port as it’s a hardware fault.  

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Eightiescasual

Yeah, if your PC is still under warranty, have the manufacturer taking care the issue for you.