Pleading For Help: Where to buy Windows 10 Professional for Acer laptop?

Brightness1982
Brightness1982 Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
Evening everyone,

I just want to know where I should buy Windows 10 Professional?

I know it's available on the 'Microsoft Store' but is this the right place to buy it?

Can I buy Windows 10 Professional from Acer?

I'm just very worried that if I buy it from the Microsoft Store I'll have problems with Acer?  :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Thanks

Answers

• Brightness1982
    Wow, thank you so much for your reply Brummyfan!

Is it possible for me to buy the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Acer?

I just want to know the best place to buy it from?

Thanks
  • Brightness1982
    edited May 2022

My concern:

For example, is it possible for me to get the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft then have compatibility problems when I use Acer software or if I register my laptop to Acer's website or if I need troubleshooting help from Acer in the future?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    You can also buy it from venues like Amazon. You aren't required to buy it from Acer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Brightness1982
    billsey said:
    You can also buy it from venues like Amazon. You aren't required to buy it from Acer.
    Thanks Billsey.

What's the best place to buy the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from? 

When I say best place, I mean the place where I won't have future software incompatibility issues etc. I'm happy to pay extra if I won't have huge software incompatibility headaches later on.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi @Brightness1982
    Yes, Microsoft owns the product and I wouldn't buy from anyone else, I don't think Acer sells the OS.

• billsey
    No, Acer only sells the initial build as a recovery image. You would still have to install all updates and do the Home to Pro upgrade separately. Microsoft sells the licenses though their own store and through venues like Amazon and Walmart. I agree that you should buy from Microsoft or an authorized Microsoft reseller, not from some guy who is offering it for way under market price...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Evening everyone,

I know it's available on the 'Microsoft Store' but is this the right place to buy it?

I'm just very worried that if I buy it from the Microsoft Store I'll have problems with Acer?  :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Thanks

Get it from MS store. Load the key. Give it a few minutes, and Windows will load additional components available in Pro. I did it the same way and been using Pro since 4 years now.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Brightness1982
    sri369 said:
    Evening everyone,

Thanks

Get it from MS store. Load the key. Give it a few minutes, and Windows will load additional components available in Pro. I did it the same way and been using Pro since 4 years now.
    billsey said:
    No, Acer only sells the initial build as a recovery image. You would still have to install all updates and do the Home to Pro upgrade separately. Microsoft sells the licenses though their own store and through venues like Amazon and Walmart. I agree that you should buy from Microsoft or an authorized Microsoft reseller, not from some guy who is offering it for way under market price...
    Hi @Brightness1982
    Yes, Microsoft owns the product and I wouldn't buy from anyone else, I don't think Acer sells the OS.
    Thanks for your replies!

I want to make sure I'm buying the Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from the most genuine place possible.

It definitely seems like the Microsoft Store is the best place to buy Windows 10 Pro Upgrade. However, I've been searching the Microsoft Store App and the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade doesn't appear in the results???
  • billsey
    Go to settings on your computer then:
    1. Select Start Settings Update & Security > Activation.

2. Under Upgrade your edition of Windows, select Go to the Store

3. Make sure you’re signed in with your Microsoft account to purchase Windows 10 Pro

4. After you confirm your purchase, you’ll be prompted to install Windows 10 Pro and restart your PC. You’ll then be running Windows 10 Pro.

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Thanks for your replies!

I want to make sure I'm buying the Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from the most genuine place possible.

It definitely seems like the Microsoft Store is the best place to buy Windows 10 Pro Upgrade. However, I've been searching the Microsoft Store App and the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade doesn't appear in the results???

You want to know a secret? Call up MS and ask them politely for a discount, they'll give you. I called them up (a few years ago though) and asked them for it and they gave me the 10 Pro license for around $70 (compared over $100 retail). And I got the retail pro key, not home to pro key that needs home to be installed first.
    And do not go with random google numbers (scammers all over), get it from microsoft help site to reach out to them.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045