Windows 7 and EMMC storage TravelMate B117-M

AlikGamerProYT
AlikGamerProYT Member Posts: 5 New User
edited May 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hello, after installing windows 7 on my laptop with new kingston ssd, it cant find my emmc storage, how can i fix it? But bios can find it correctly
Laptop: Acer TravelMate B117-M
Bios boot mode: Legacy

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Win7 doesn't natively support emmc storage. So it probably would need a Win7 emmc driver to see it. There may be 3rd party emmc drivers available with a google search. Try this. Press Win+R, Enter 'diskmgmt.msc' Do you see the emmc drive in box the pops up? If not, go to the elevated command prompt. At the command prompt, enter 'diskpart'. At the diskpart prompt, enter 'list disk' What do you see?

Jack E/NJ

• AlikGamerProYT
    JackE said:
    Win7 doesn't natively support emmc storage. So it probably would need a Win7 emmc driver to see it. There may be 3rd party emmc drivers available with a google search. Try this. Press Win+R, Enter 'diskmgmt.msc' Do you see the emmc drive in box the pops up? If not, go to the elevated command prompt. At the command prompt, enter 'diskpart'. At the diskpart prompt, enter 'list disk' What do you see?
    It cant see emmc drive
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Sorry, if the emmc drive does not appear in Win7 Disk Manager or with Win7 Diskpart 'list disk' command, then a Win7 compatible software driver would be needed.  You can try a google search of the keywords "Windows 7" "emmc driver" to see if you can find any  emmc drivers have been written and available for download. I'm currently not aware of any since Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Jack E/NJ

• AlikGamerProYT
    JackE said:
    Sorry, if the emmc drive does not appear in Win7 Disk Manager or with Win7 Diskpart 'list disk' command, then a Win7 compatible software driver would be needed.  You can try a google search of the keywords "Windows 7" "emmc driver" to see if you can find any  emmc drivers have been written and available for download. I'm currently not aware of any since Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Ok. Thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Yeah, there are likely even more drivers missing on your TravelMate, since it was never designed with Windows 7 in mind.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.