No bootable device inserts boot disk and press any key How do i fix this?

YJFrid
YJFrid Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Windows 11
How do i fix this?
so i was trying to make my bios mode into legacy by using partition manager community edition cause i wanna update it into windows 11 but this happened guys please help me out with this one

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    If you have a newer PC (please specifiy your full model number) You cannot boot a gpt partitioned disk in legacy mode. If disk hasn't already been corrupted by the PartitionMgr,  press and hold power button till laptop shuts off. Turn it back on and immediately tap the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Press F9 to set BIOS defaults. Make sure that UEFI mode is re-enabled in the BOOT tab. Then press F10 to save defaults settings and exit the BIOS menu.

Jack E/NJ

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,059 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
  • Aens
    Aens Member Posts: 7 New User

There is no Legacy Option on my Acer Laptop. It dosen't show me the Uefi Legacy Options. Now I do not know what to do. Do I need to get a Bootable Flash Drive or something?

Help me out, Please. This is Acer Aspire One D270 and it does not show Legacy Option.

• JackE

The only AOD270 drivers available are found on this link.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=AOD270&filter=global_download&suggest=aspire%20one%20%3E%20aod;1

Furthermore, the AOD270 is already a legacy-only BIOS. There is no option to change it to any other BIOS type. The AOD270 does not meet current Win11 requirements so Win11 cannot be installed on it..Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• Aens

Ok, So I have to download them right?

But you can't open the Windows Manu

Until you fix your "No bootable device" error.

• Aens

JackE

Hmm, Windows 11 does not support AOD270 and how can i put the drivers if I am stuck on "No bootable device"..?

• Aens

JackE

USB- Driver?

• JackE

You must first tap F2 on startup to enter BIOS menu. Then you go to MAIN tab and enable F12 USB boot option. The press F10 to saves setting and exit. Then you turn off machine. Insert bootable Windows 7 or Windows 10 installation USB. Then you tap F12 on startup to boot from Windows 7 or Windows 10 USB.

Jack E/NJ

• Aens

Thank you, Please stay remain so I can ask you more questions in future.

Thank you very much!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

The device you are booting from need to be MBR, not GPT since you are booting in Legacy mode. Windows 8-11 all default to UEFI and GPT, so you will have to use Rufus to create the install media and force it to MBR instead of GPT.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

Or just use the USB media creation tool from a running legacy BIOS Windows setup.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Yes, but it's hard to find such a machine these days. It pretty much has to be old enough to have originally come with W7 and without the "ready for W8" option. So, 2009 and earlier IIRC.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited December 2022

Or just buy an Acer SSD from Amazon and use Rufus to create any format you like. Acer SSDs are received unformatted and are much faster than a rotating disk

Or use DISKPART to CLEAN an existing disk (after backing up) and start over.

Windows 10 is happy with legacy (MBR) disks, it is Windows 11 that is more cranky.

BTW a UEFI disk should say "UEFI" in the boot menu. It does help to have a second working PC.