Acer Predator Orion 5000 PO5-615s Freezes and forces myself to shut it down with the power button

Options
quintanilha
quintanilha Member Posts: 4 New User
Specs: Acer Predator Orion 5000 PO5-615s (Intel Core i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, 1TB+1TB  SSD+HDD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super)

I have had this computer for a little bit over 1 year (it is guaranteed for 1 more year) and for a few months now it had been freezing for some reason that I can't find.

Especially when I am gaming everything seems fine (usually League of Legends or World of Warcraft, which are games that should not take too many resources I believe). Task manager processes never go above 35-40% RAM, 15-20% of GPU, or 30-45% CPU. I usually keep an eye on the temperature and it all seems to be alright. Out of a sudden, both my screens freeze... games stops and seem like a print screen... no errors, can't move my mouse or make any action with the keyboard... computer fens start blowing crazy... and after a while, I always shut down the computer with the power button because I literally can't do anything else.

I have made stress tests on my computer components and had no problems/reports, updated all the drivers, and tried to disconnect all the USB conflict ports (suggested in many other threads). Nothing worked. I saw a lot of threads having slightly the same problem on Predator Orion 3000, but since I didn't see any regarding this model, I figured to open a thread myself. I hope I'm not missing anything... If anyone has the same problem or have any suggestion, please let me know.

PS: I need the PC for work, that is why shipping it back to the retailer would be my last resource.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>> I usually keep an eye on the temperature>>>computer fens start blowing crazy>>>

What temperatures are you seeing when fans start blowing crazy?

Jack E/NJ

• quintanilha
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>> I usually keep an eye on the temperature>>>computer fens start blowing crazy>>>

What temperatures are you seeing when fans start blowing crazy?
    As I said, after the PC freezes, I don't see the temperature going up or down anymore... cause it is frozen and all the UI is frozen. At the moment of the freeze, the temperature is usually around  70-73 degrees (158-164 Fahrenheit)
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>At the moment of the freeze, the temperature is usually around  70-73 degrees>>>

Does this mean that the temperature monitor is on screen at all times so you can actually see 70-73*C at the exact moment of freeze?

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Out of a sudden, both my screens freeze... games stops and seem like a print screen... no errors, can't move my mouse or make any action with the keyboard... computer fens start blowing crazy... and after a while, I always shut down the computer with the power button because I literally can't do anything else.

Does the same issue occur when you only connect an external monitor?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • quintanilha
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>At the moment of the freeze, the temperature is usually around  70-73 degrees>>>

Does this mean that the temperature monitor is on screen at all times so you can actually see 70-73*C at the exact moment of freeze?
    Yes. After happening a few times, I try to have PredatorSense and NVIDIA Performance Overlay opened while gaming so I see the values when the freeze happens.
  • quintanilha
    Options
    Out of a sudden, both my screens freeze... games stops and seem like a print screen... no errors, can't move my mouse or make any action with the keyboard... computer fens start blowing crazy... and after a while, I always shut down the computer with the power button because I literally can't do anything else.

I never actually tried to use only one monitor? Is this worth trying? Just to be sure, you suggest that I use only one monitor and disconnect the second one from the graphics card, right?
  • JackE
    Options
    Easy enough to try. Yes, you should try it.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I never actually tried to use only one monitor? Is this worth trying? Just to be sure, you suggest that I use only one monitor and disconnect the second one from the graphics card, right?
    Exactly my friend.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options
    In almost all cases those symptoms show a background app or driver locking the PCI bus, which freezes everything. The fans are run off the BIOS and will continue to speed up or slow down as they were doing at the moment of the freeze. Your best bet is to start with booting into safe mode to test that the problem is third party, since nothing runs except MS stuff in safe mode. When you prove to your satisfaction that it doesn't happen in safe mode, boot back to normal and use msconfig to disable all services other than the MS ones. Verify again that it doesn't happen then gradually add services back in until it fails. If the services changes don't help then use the Startup section of Task Manager and do the same thing, shut off all except the defaults, then gradually add them back in until it's triggered. Eventually you will have a finger to point and you can then decide what to do.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.