TC-866 computer: WINDOWS 11 is available. Is it recommended , Does anyone have an OPINION ?

2inSD
2inSD Member Posts: 44 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Anyone got an opionion on windows 11 updrade for this model? ASPIRE TC-866 

Answers

• 2inSD
    Does anyone recommend this upgrade?

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    I've running Win 11 on  two desktops for a month or so. All smooth, some changes with the task bar. But no problems on an Acer TC-895-UA92 and a Lenovo Laptop.
  • 2inSD
    did you upgrade from win 10?
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    2inSD

I understand you are using TC-866  computer.

Go to support.acer.com chose your country type snid or chose your model go to drivers 
    click on the drop down for operating system 
    If you are able to see the Windows 11 on the drop down or if you are able to find the drivers for Windows 11 you can go ahead and install the Windows 11.

You can download the Windows pc health check from the Microsoft website to determine whether your computer is eligible to download Windows 11 .    It will show you the features and requirements to install windows 11

Kindly follow the details from the link 

https://windowsreport.com/pc-health-check-app-windows-11/
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-11

Note: Scroll down to bottom of the microsoft website.   You can find the Windows pc health check download 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• 2inSD
    The computer itself says the Windows 11 upgrade is available for this computer, and Tells my computer is qualified for the upgrade....
  • 2inSD
    Question: Are you saying the windows 10 drivers will not work in Windows 11?
  • 2inSD
    2inSD

I understand you are using TC-866  computer.

Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    click on the drop down for operating system 
    If you are able to see the Windows 11 on the drop down or if you are able to find the drivers for Windows 11 you can go ahead and install the Windows 11.

You can download the Windows pc health check from the Microsoft website to determine whether your computer is eligible to download Windows 11 .    It will show you the features and requirements to install windows 11

Kindly follow the details from the link 

Note: Scroll down to bottom of the microsoft website.   You can find the Windows pc health check download 

So The Windows 10 DRIVERS will not work in WIndows 11? My drop down does not show windows 11- The windows health check says my device is eligible.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @2inSD pretty much drivers from Windows 10 will work for Windows 11. You don't have to update or reinstall any of them after updating to Windows 11.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!