Can i add SSD in my TMB117-M-C47Z? If yes what kind?

Options
AlikGamerProYT
AlikGamerProYT Member Posts: 5 New User
Hello, I have Acer TravelMate B117-M with 32gb EMMC storage and i have a question, Can i add extra storage like SSD in it? And if yes what kind of SSD? 2.5" or M.2?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are a couple of different ways they populated the motherboards on these, fortunately it's pretty easy to tell which is which is which. One most they have a SATA connector at the edge of the motherboard and those support a HDD/SSD in the 2.5" form factor. Those have a HDD cover on the bottom of the laptop and removing the cover shows the SATA connector. On some versions they have an M.2 slot instead of the SATA connector and those support a SATA M.2 drive instead. On these when you remove the cover you see an M.2 connector near the edge of the motherboard and two standoffs that are used to mount the M.2 card. Go ahead and power down, flip it over and open that cover to see which yours has...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlikGamerProYT
    AlikGamerProYT Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited April 2022
    Options
    billsey said:
    There are a couple of different ways they populated the motherboards on these, fortunately it's pretty easy to tell which is which is which. One most they have a SATA connector at the edge of the motherboard and those support a HDD/SSD in the 2.5" form factor. Those have a HDD cover on the bottom of the laptop and removing the cover shows the SATA connector. On some versions they have an M.2 slot instead of the SATA connector and those support a SATA M.2 drive instead. On these when you remove the cover you see an M.2 connector near the edge of the motherboard and two standoffs that are used to mount the M.2 card. Go ahead and power down, flip it over and open that cover to see which yours has...
    Ok, lets say its SATA connector, from here i have question, can i put in standart 2.5" SSD like KINGSTON A400 SATA SSD?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yup, any 2.5" SATA SSD should work fine in there if that's the connector on the board.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.