Compatible Ram for Nitro 5 AN515-57-55XN

Neru
Neru Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi, great day!

I just bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57-55XN with 8GB of Ram and I wanted to add 8gb of ram to the 2nd slot. I'm trying to find one that's compatible with it.

Would that be compatible with mine?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,198 Pathfinder
    Neru

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer. 

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.          

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,872 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    Neru said:
    Hi, great day!

I just bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57-55XN with 8GB of Ram and I wanted to add 8gb of ram to the 2nd slot. I'm trying to find one that's compatible with it.

Would that be compatible with mine?

Just as additional advice to you as I've got a similar and virtually the same laptop the AN515-56 that has the same RAM specs. If you look in the CPUz caption that you have shown you should use the “Part Number” which is the Micron Technology - 4ATF1G64HZ-3G2E1 - CL22 RAM module that you should be adding and buying as this is the type of RAM that is most suitable for your laptop and should be added as an additional 1x 8GB DDR4-3200MHz RAM module to give you a total of 16GB. 

Search that exact part number on eBay or Amazon and see if you can buy this same Micron Technology - 4ATF1G64HZ-3G2E18GB DDR4-3200MHz module for your AN515-57? As this same RAM will be the exact second and paired exactly RAM to your existing 8GB OEM module. If you can’t find that exact Micron OEM RAM then install the Crucial System Scan software as that will also show you the most suitable addition of 1x 8GB DDR4-3200Mhz CL22 Crucial RAM that they have that will match and work 100% and as a suitable paired to total 16GB and the Crucial Scan will also give you the max RAM and best SSD that will work 100% with your laptop.

NOTE: I've got the same and similar Nitro 5-AN515-56 which is virtually the same spec laptop and its OEM RAM was (as I changed the total RAM to the Crucial 32GB 2x16GB RAM) and its OEM RAM specs are: 1x 8GB DDR4-3200MHz type "SK Hynix Part number: HMA81GS6DJR8N-XN" CL22 that you can buy easily on eBay (as the AN515-57 OEM Micron I haven’t seen on eBay for sale) and this AN515-56 RAM will also work 100% and be compatible to add to your AN515-57 to increase the total RAM to 16GB (2x 8GB) so try that as the above Imperion DDR4-3200MHz (which is an offshoot of Intel) and this memory might not be compatible as it could be overclocked or have other technologies that are not compatible with what Acer fits as their OEM RAM, so be careful!