Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 - Can you disable power-off charging on the USB port?

2»

Answers

• I'm assuming setting "UsbCharge" to 0 would also take away the function to power devices while the laptop is turned off? Should I do that? Would this permanently not allow USB power-off charging while the laptop is off even if I uninstall the app, or will it reset again?

I'm not sure. I think it will just disable the feature in quick access.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShangWang
    ShangWang Member Posts: 186 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    edited April 2022
    I'm assuming setting "UsbCharge" to 0 would also take away the function to power devices while the laptop is turned off? Should I do that? Would this permanently not allow USB power-off charging while the laptop is off even if I uninstall the app, or will it reset again?

I'm not sure. I think it will just disable the feature in quick access.

Oh, ok. So wouldn't this apply for the power button as well? What was the point in making the value 0 for that if it just hides the feature?
  • The ideal is to disable usb charging disabled in quick access and leave the OSD and POWER BUTTON keys at 0 in regedit.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShangWang
    The ideal is to disable usb charging disabled in quick access and leave the OSD and POWER BUTTON keys at 0 in regedit.

Thank you, I'm keeping the OSD disabled but as mentioned I believe the power button and USB charge regedit settings will just get rid of the options to see it, it doesn't do anything functionally and I have to just disable power button and quick access on startup through task scheduler.
  • So the problem is solved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ShangWang
    So the problem is solved?

Yes, though sometimes the power-off USB port still charges despite disabling it.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @ShangWang if the laptop is off and the charger is plugged in, that port still provides power even though the power off charging function is disabled in the QuickAccess. Unplugging the charger will stop that port from providing power when the laptop is off.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • ShangWang
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @ShangWang if the laptop is off and the charger is plugged in, that port still provides power even though the power off charging function is disabled in the QuickAccess. Unplugging the charger will stop that port from providing power when the laptop is off.
    Yep, but I'm planning to just keep a usb microphone plugged in and I don't want it to keep draining power when it's not on, I'll fiddle with settings and see how it goes, it did work sometimes.
  • Параллелепипед
    Параллелепипед Member Posts: 1 New User

The solution doesn't work. Power-off charging is turned off via Quick Access, but it's still charging