Acer Aspire Switch 10E SW3-013 charging with usb

Steve1132
Steve1132 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited April 2022 in Switch Series
Hi,

The official charger for it is 5.35V and 2A. Can I use my 5V 3A phone charger to charge this tablet? Will it not damage it as it is 5V?

I have tried to charge it, it charges fine with my fast charger but little heat near the connector at the back of the tablet.

Thank you

Best Answer

• Steve1132
    Answer ✓
    JackE said:
    The 10watt charger is a commodity item that should be widely available. It's used in many lightweight tablets & cloudbooks. While the brand labels may vary, the quality is virtually the same.  Google search either SW3-013 & charger----  or by the ACER part no.  KP.01001.001 for vendors who ship to your location. Usually pay a bit more via part no. Less than $20usd from many different vendors. 

Thank you soooo much!!! Your knowledge is really very useful. Bless you Sir.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    A 15-watt charger can create a fire hazard if the battery gets low and draws more than 2A  Not a good idea.

Jack E/NJ

• Steve1132
    JackE said:
    A 15-watt charger can create a fire hazard if the battery gets low and draws more than 2A  Not a good idea.
    Thank you for reply, so it means ai should use a 5V charger with 2A current rating? Which charger would you recommend? The 5.35V 2A original charger is very hard to find
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    The 10watt charger is a commodity item that should be widely available. It's used in many lightweight tablets & cloudbooks. While the brand labels may vary, the quality is virtually the same.  Google search either SW3-013 & charger----  or by the ACER part no.  KP.01001.001 for vendors who ship to your location. Usually pay a bit more via part no. Less than $20usd from many different vendors. 

Jack E/NJ

• Steve1132
    Answer ✓
    JackE said:

Thank you soooo much!!! Your knowledge is really very useful. Bless you Sir.