Display Going Dark TC-865-UR15.

GerardH
GerardH Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi. I have a TC-865-UR15. Periodically, the display slowly goes dark, beginning from the outside while using the computer. Sometime, a simple restarting of the display works. Sometimes I have to restart the desktop. Today, I changed HDMI ports a couple of times and it came back. What could be the cause? I did change HDMI cables and update the BIOS. Didn't help.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    GerardH said:
    Hi. I have a TC-865-UR15. Periodically, the display slowly goes dark, beginning from the outside while using the computer. Sometime, a simple restarting of the display works. Sometimes I have to restart the desktop. Today, I changed HDMI ports a couple of times and it came back. What could be the cause? I did change HDMI cables and update the BIOS. Didn't help.

As you have checked the HDMI plug and cable and bios it could be your monitor so check that out first with another computer. Also could be your graphics driver that could be corrupted and conflicting, so uninstall and reinstall the driver and try that. Otherwise its an internal mobo circuitry fault that needs disguising by an experienced tech. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    GerardH said:

As you have checked the HDMI plug and cable and bios it could be your monitor so check that out first with another computer. Also could be your graphics driver that could be corrupted and conflicting, so uninstall and reinstall the driver and try that. Otherwise its an internal mobo circuitry fault that needs disguising by an experienced tech. 

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Have you substituted another display monitor or hooked to a TV's HDMI's
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @GerardH,

Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• GerardH
    GerardH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks everyone. I replaced the monitor/display and all is good. At least for now.