ACER C722 have backlight issues I keep sending them in to be fixed

Options
STOWE
STOWE Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Chromebooks
We purchased 300 of the ACER C722, and we are now seeing backlight issues about one a week. I keep sending them in to be fixed, but our warranty is going to run out this summer. Acer has to know this is a problem. I just had another one brought to my office this morning. I really hope Acer will stand behind their products and continue to fix these devices or at least send us screens so we can repair them with no cost!!!

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    STOWE

I understand you are facing backlight issues.    It looks like a hardware issue.     

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. 

If your Chromebooks is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @STOWE,

Please post the keyboard pic here.
  • STOWE
    Options
    I have sent it in for repair. My concern is that this is a known issue - we are on our 7th device begin sent in, and now our warranty is coming up in this summer. This is very frustrating because I am sure we will have more after the warranty is up.
  • STOWE
    Options
    I am getting ready to contact Acer on the 12th device with a backlight issue. Very frustrating!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    When you say backlight problem, are you talking about the backlight on the keyboard or the backlight on the display?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • STOWE
    Options

It is the backlight on the display. We now have had 22 devices that I have sent in to repair with this issue. Now my warranty is up, and I am still having devices come in with the same issue. I have 360 of these in the district, and now Acer won't repair them.

• wlane
    wlane Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Has there been any kind of resolution on this? We just bought 300 of these and 30 have this issue in the first two months of school. How can Acer continue to send these products out knowing they have this issue

• PKEMPER
    PKEMPER Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

We are having the same issue with these Chromebooks. We have now had 6 that needed to be repaired. I would love to know if anyone hears of a resolution. We bought this same model last year and there were no issues. It looks to be the ones we bought this year that has the issue.

• SVOGELSONG
    SVOGELSONG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi

We are seeing this same issues. We bought about 1200 and they are starting to have this issue. Has anyone had Acer acknowledge the issue at all?

Thank you

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022
    Options

Have you contacted Acer support with the issue?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PWPSD_Daniel
    PWPSD_Daniel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

We have also been experiencing this issue. We are at about 22 failed backlights from an order of 210 C722 chromebooks received in July. They have all been repaired under warranty so far.

• K12Tech
    K12Tech Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

We are also experiencing this issue. We purchased 2100 in March 2022, so far 17 LCD's have been warrantied and more coming in. First repeat dark LCD came in today.

Our district is setup with an Acer Self Maintainer Account. We order warranty parts and do the repairs in house.