Acer TC710-eb61 ram upgrade and screw

Blackfox214
Blackfox214 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi
I'm looking to the screw spec for the m2 SSD. 
For not I take the onle from the wifi card but I lost the usage of it. 

Also is it possible, 5 years later, to upgrade the ram over 16gb ?

Would a DDR4 work ? 
As DDR3 1x16GB non ECC doesn't seem to exist
Or could I create a partition on my SSD to use as ram (for exemple like swap on linux) ?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    Hi
    I'm looking to the screw spec for the m2 SSD. 
    For not I take the onle from the wifi card but I lost the usage of it. 

Also is it possible, 5 years later, to upgrade the ram over 16gb ?

Would a DDR4 work ? 
    As DDR3 1x16GB non ECC doesn't seem to exist
    Or could I create a partition on my SSD to use as ram (for exemple like swap on linux) ?
    Below is the entire screw list for your TC-710 desktop as M.2 drive screws are a standard screw and kits can be purchased on Amazon. With the DDR4 RAM for your PC, its not compatible, the 4th Gen Intel cpu specs that is fitted to your PC has a "Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) of 32GB" and Memory Types of DDR3-1333/1600, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.5V but, Acer SG quotes a max of 16GB (see specs below). Its best to do a Crucial System Scan as Crucial does make memory that is suitable to run in your PC at 32 GB max, so do that scan and see what Crucial recommends? As Crucial also recommends their SSD drives range upgrades that are suitable for your PC. Btw the TC-710 has a single M.2 2280 SATA port that can be used to install an M.2 SATA SSD like the "Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA M.2 (2280SS) Internal SSD, up to 560MB/s - CT1000MX500SSD4" so use the Crucial scan as that will tell you all compatible memory and SSD's for your PC.

Acer SG spec of the Aspire TC-710 Memeory and OEM RAM types.

Entire screw list for your PC.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,430 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    M2X3 Screw, Ebay and/or local hardware store should have them