Aspire A514-54 Kmode_exception_not_handled

Swipe
Swipe Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hello, I just bought this laptop a few days ago. I install the windows update and after a restart, it's straight up bsod with mode exception not handled (I'm also install the insyde software). I tried to boot in safe mode. I already tried disabling elan drivers, disabling fast startup, running windows memory diagnostics (after I ran the test, I got bsod again), running /sfc scannow and DISM command, and reverting my bios setting to default,  but none of them solved the issue. I always get the problem when I restart the laptop. I shut down the laptop, waited for a couple of minutes, turn it on and it boots up. 
I tried to view the dmp file using windbg but the error points out on ntkrnlmp.exe with symbol name: nt!KiDispatchException+207c17
I reset the pc and it seems to be working just fine for now. I tried to just only update the graphic card to the latest one and on restart I got bsod again with the same error. I rollback the driver and it's fixed. I don't know what cause the problem. I'm worried that if I try to update the windows again, it would cause the problem again. I saw some people on the thread that they installed the insyde software and their laptop got bricked. I saw a thread that says the cause of the bsod might be the wifi driver. I have the mediatek wifi mt7921. I check the device manager and there's no yellow mark. I don't know if I should update the wifi driver. If anyone can give advice or suggestion, that would be appreciated.

Best Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@Swipe

Yes, MediaTek Wifi 6 MT7921 there have been other reports of problems with this particular card. I recommend that you download and install iobit's Driver Booster freeware to see if it can pick up any better drivers on line. If you still get the BSODs, I think you should arrange for warranty repair.

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Alert. Some users have recently reported the following updated drivers seem to fix the issue with the mt7921 card. Might be worth a try but no guarantees.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@Swipe

Yes, MediaTek Wifi 6 MT7921 there have been other reports of problems with this particular card. I recommend that you download and install iobit's Driver Booster freeware to see if it can pick up any better drivers on line. If you still get the BSODs, I think you should arrange for warranty repair.

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Swipe

Tinkerer

@Balatekie
    yeah, I'm gonna try to update the driver to see if it got fixed. Thanks 
  • JackE
    >>>I just bought this laptop a few days ago.>>>

You've now posted at least three new threads on this issue. You're obviously not getting the answers you want to satisfy your concerns. Accordingly,  I suggest that you immediately return the machine to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's return merchandise authorisation period expires, usually only a few weeks. If anything go wrong after  that period, then you will have to arrange for warranty service which will take longer and involve shipping costs.

Jack E/NJ

• ekg06
    ekg06 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Swipe said:
    Hello, I just bought this laptop a few days ago. I install the windows update and after a restart, it's straight up bsod with mode exception not handled (I'm also install the insyde software). I tried to boot in safe mode. I already tried disabling elan drivers, disabling fast startup, running windows memory diagnostics (after I ran the test, I got bsod again), running /sfc scannow and DISM command, and reverting my bios setting to default,  but none of them solved the issue. I always get the problem when I restart the laptop. I shut down the laptop, waited for a couple of minutes, turn it on and it boots up. 
    I tried to view the dmp file using windbg but the error points out on ntkrnlmp.exe with symbol name: nt!KiDispatchException+207c17
    I reset the pc and it seems to be working just fine for now. I tried to just only update the graphic card to the latest one and on restart I got bsod again with the same error. I rollback the driver and it's fixed. I don't know what cause the problem. I'm worried that if I try to update the windows again, it would cause the problem again. I saw some people on the thread that they installed the insyde software and their laptop got bricked. I saw a thread that says the cause of the bsod might be the wifi driver. I have the mediatek wifi mt7921. I check the device manager and there's no yellow mark. I don't know if I should update the wifi driver. If anyone can give advice or suggestion, that would be appreciated.
    Got the exact same issue, bro. (sigh)
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Alert. Some users have recently reported the following updated drivers seem to fix the issue with the mt7921 card. Might be worth a try but no guarantees.

Jack E/NJ

• Swipe

Tinkerer

Hi, sorry for not responding in a while. My laptop got fixed after I install the latest driver for the mt7921 card (wifi card). I try to restart it a couple of times and it no longer causes problem. Thanks everyone for the help. 
  • JackE
    Thanks for reporting back on your success. :)

Jack E/NJ