ACER Predator X34 monitor black screen

Options
Junoon123
Junoon123 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited May 2022 in Predator Monitors
I have a Acer x34 monitor, When i turn it on, i can see an internal light from the back of the screen turn on, the power light turns on but thats pretty much it.

No Predator logo, when i try to project on my windows 10 laptop nothing.
I don't see any cracks on the screen or anything. I am not sure what this is.
Any help will be much appreciated
Thanks

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @Junoon123

You can try to disconnect the monitor from the power source and HDMI and then push and hold down the power button for 20 secs continuously and then check to see if that works. If not try with a different HDMI cable.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• Junoon123
    Options
    Done that quiet a few times and still nothing:(
  • Junoon123
    Options
    Wondering if the issue is the graphic card or power source? Predator logo does not come up as well.
  • Asureas
    Asureas Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Did you ever solve this - I have a similar problem.

One minute it was working perfectly (as it has done for years) went to make a cup of tea, next minute as described, appears to have backlight but that's it.

I've tried unplugging and replugging and holding the power button down - the manual doesn't seem to contain any fault finding.

It's not a problem with my computer's graphics card - connected it to a TV and it displayed perfectly on the TV, not sure how to check the powersupply is working but when the power is connected/disconnected from the computer with the USB pass through and DP connected it makes a "USB device connecting" sound.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

Does the Acer splash screen show up when you first turn it on? If so it's not the display itself... If the splash screen doesn't come up you are likely looking at a hardware problem. Less likely to be power if the backlight comes up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Junoon123
    Options

Sorry took a while but nothing i have tried everything. Wondering if its some hardware but i jsut want to understand before ordering random hardware what it is?

No Acer logo just light in the background when i try to display my laptop i can see it flickering but no acer logo nothing.

• billsey
    Options

If you unplug it and disconnect all the other cables, then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds, then plug only the power in and turn it on, does the Acer splash screen show up? If it doesn't then the issue is hardware in the monitor and it will take a good technician to discover if it's repairable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Junoon123
    Options

Re Billsey Nothing removed cable and pressed the power key for 1 minute turned on.

The button turns blue then orange, seems like the backlit turns on but no Acer logos nothing.

Any other tricks?

• billsey
    edited September 2022
    Options

Yeah, not seeing the splash screen says that it's failing before the self test is completed, either the panel is bad, disconnected or the main board is bad... :(

How old is it? In many locales Acer has a flat rate for monitor repair and that might the best next step.