trying to install windows 10 on a Aspire X1200

RailHead
RailHead Member Posts: 1 New User
I am trying to install windows 10 to a aspire X1200. I have a full version of windows 10. I have created a boot USB for windows 10. the hard drive was formatted and partitioned, but when I try to install it the system will not see the drive and says I have no media drive. I have searched the internet for 2 days and followed all the guides I can find but it has not worked. any ideas would be appreciated 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    You do not want to format and partition the HDD before the install, you need the installer to do it for you, because you aren't going to be able to do a UEFI install on that old of a machine (IIRC it came with Vista installed, UEFI didn't come into play until W7sp1, so several years later). You have to have created the install flash drive with Rufus and chosen the option to install in Legacy mode. If the flash drive is set to defaults, it'll be in UEFI mode and the system won't recognize it as bootable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.