My ancer nitro 5 AN515-54 won’t turn on or charge

zeghetti
zeghetti Member Posts: 2 New User
Recently i tried to put in a hdd and a spark went up because i was using metal tools to try and take away the battery. I close up the pc and it doesnt turn on or charge. How to fix

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @zeghetti unplug the battery and try to turn on the laptop with the charger plugged in. If that doesn't work, likely that the power controller IC or something like that is shorted. You will either take it to a PC repair shop that specializes in repairing the motherboard or have to replace the whole board (which is extremely expensive). You should not use metal tools to touch something on the motherboard or battery.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @zeghetti,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • zeghetti
    zeghetti Member Posts: 2 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi @zeghetti,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
    No it is nit
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @zeghetti unplug the battery and try to turn on the laptop with the charger plugged in. If that doesn't work, likely that the power controller IC or something like that is shorted. You will either take it to a PC repair shop that specializes in repairing the motherboard or have to replace the whole board (which is extremely expensive). You should not use metal tools to touch something on the motherboard or battery.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!