Getting stuck in format.

Options
Kuradam
Kuradam Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello, I formatted my laptop. But welcome. Thank you for purchasing this acer device. Register your product now and start exploring more with acer. I'm stuck on its page. What is the reason of this. How can I continue with the format? I can't press the next button. acer. My products are also registered on the com site laptop

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    By "format my laptop" what did you actually do? That sounds like instead of formatting it you did a reinstall of the operating system that it was originally shipped with... A format would leave you with no OS at all and it would be completely unusable until someone installed an OS on it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    Options
    Kuradam said:
    Hello, I formatted my laptop. But welcome. Thank you for purchasing this acer device. Register your product now and start exploring more with acer. I'm stuck on its page. What is the reason of this. How can I continue with the format? I can't press the next button. acer. My products are also registered on the com site laptop

What is your laptops model number? As and if you are doing a "Clean Install" with a new windows installation USB and booted into setup then you have a choice to format the boot drive and delete everything on it prior to OS install. So how did you get to this message “Thank you for purchasing this acer device. Register your product now and start exploring more with acer”?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    My belief is that the user did the Alt-F10 recovery to a new install of the Acer Windows image. That prompt is one of the first to show up when booting the system for the first time.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuradam
    Kuradam Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello problem. I solved it by turning it off and on. Thanks for commenting and helping out
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Kuradam,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​