Acer Enduro T1 1 ET110-31W-C2KN Progammable buttons F/P

Options
zkonrad001
zkonrad001 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2022 in Tablets
I have no idea how to use these programmable buttons.  I've called support, I've looked all over the internet, searched through the tablet......
When I log in with our admin account on the tablet, the F button opens Microsoft Edge and the P button opens Windows File Explorer.
I have no idea how they were set that way.  When I log in with the user account that I just created, the F/P buttons do nothing.
How do I program them to open what I want?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• zkonrad001
    Options
    That's for the Urban T1.  Mines just called Acer ENDURO T1. I have the one with Windows 10 on it.  And I have read through the manual for that model.  I just says there's programable buttons F & P and that's it.  Its almost like there is no way to edit what these buttons do. I've been through all the settings on the tablet.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What os the exact modelo? Example AN515-51-65KZ.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zkonrad001
    Options
    Acer ENDURO 1 ET110-31W-C2KN
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Install this driver:
    Virtual ButtonsIntelVirtual Buttons2.2.1.31 2.2 MB2021/12/01 download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • iceman9
    iceman9 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the exact same question. For the Windows version of the Enduro T1 (ET110-31W-C2KN) there are no instructions on how to re-assign the F and P buttons, which are supposedly programmable. Can anyone confirm whether the (re)install of the Virtual Buttons driver does the trick?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Can anyone confirm whether the (re)install of the Virtual Buttons driver does the trick? >>>

Well, if you hurry and try it right now, you'll be the very first one to let everybody else  know whether or  not it does the trick. Your chance to become a hero. :)

Jack E/NJ

• iceman9

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Can anyone confirm whether the (re)install of the Virtual Buttons driver does the trick? >>>

Well, if you hurry and try it right now, you'll be the very first one to let everybody else  know whether or  not it does the trick. Your chance to become a hero. :)
    Well, I don't strive to be a hero in this arena. But I do think that if Acer sells a tablet with programmable buttons, then the buttons should indeed be programmable. Acer owes us these instructions.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @iceman9 Install this driver:
    Virtual ButtonsIntelVirtual Buttons2.2.1.31 2.2 MB2021/12/01 download

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    >>> Well, I don't strive to be a hero in this arena>>>Acer owes us these instructions.>>>

Then I suggest that you try @egydiocoelho 's  suggestion anyway. Then if it works, we'll declare @egydiocoelho a hero instead. :)

Jack E/NJ

• iceman9

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho Okay, I downloaded that driver. Four directory levels down I found a "Setup" program, which I launched. After the install, it asked for a restart. Now what? There seem to be no new settings or app available. Where/how do I reprogram the P and F buttons? Thanks.

• JackE
    Options
    Search Windows start menu for 'Intel'. What pops up near the top of the menu?

Jack E/NJ

• iceman9

Tinkerer

Options
    "Intel Graphics Command Center"
  • JackE
    Options
    Specsheets seem sketchy for this model. The driver allegedly auto-senses tablet screen orientation & external I/O device connections. Have you tried to connect USB or BT keyboard to see if anything new appears?

Jack E/NJ

• zkonrad001
    Options
    Ots weird because when I log on as admin, the F button opens Microsoft edge and the P button opens Windows file explorer. But when I log in as any other account they do nothing. And still don't know how to set them. 
  • iceman9

Tinkerer

Options
    Just to provide more specifics: The 'Intel Virtual Button' driver shows up in the Device Manager and seems to be running. And the buttons work, only nobody knows how to reassign their function. I also tried 'Properties -> Shortcut' on the App which I want to launch with a button, but it doesn't take the shortcut key.
  • JackE
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What options appear in acer care center and acer quick access?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• iceman9

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    @JackE installing random freeware is a security risk. Also, the buttons I'm talking about are not on the keyboard. In any case, this should work out of the box and not require any hacks.