ACER ATC-280-EB11 desktop. Power supply replacement

CapriceCo
CapriceCo Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi! I'm looking to replace the power supply on my ACER ATC-280-EB11 desktop. The fan is making noises and will end up not working at some point, but no one has that hardware. I was hoping to be able to get the part directly from Acer. Can anyone help?

{ edited the title to add model name } 

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Try replacing the fan, Search Amazon or Ebay the numbers on the fan same with numbers on the power supply if you want the whole unit. 
    If you want to fix the fan and can get a drop of sewing machine oil (3-in -one etc) into the bearing then spin by hand until all noise is gone. The best oil that you can use is ATF automatic transmission fluid, just get a few toothpicks loads off of your cars fluid stick (if you have a check stick). 
    Fans are cheap anp maybe the best choice. Newark, Mouser or Digi-Key will probably have the fan. 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    There are many videos on YouTube . But you need the numbers off of the fan and/or power supply. Fans are usually under $10.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The TC-280 uses a standard ATX power supply, either 200W, 220W, 300W or 500W, depending on the options for your particular model. It appears as if yours has the 300W, sourced from any of three different vendors by Acer. The Acer part numbers for the three PSUs are: DC.30018.004, DC.30018.005 and DC.3001B.001. Any of those will work just fine, though the first one was superseded to the second, so likely there is no stock on the first number any longer. But, before you source an Acer branded one, there are lots and lots of third party supplies, many are quite a bit better than the stock ones and most are cheaper as well. You don't want the Flex supplies, they are a different physical size, but the standard ATX supplies should all fit fine.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.