Graphics card works on other computer but not on this Aspire TC-705 one.

Mcabar
Mcabar Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi, a friend recently gave me a RADEON HD 7770 that worked on his system, when i put it into my system, there is no display. The fans spin no problem. If i start the computer with the GPU unplugged, the onboard HDMI port works, but if i plug in the card, both the GPU hdmi and the motherboard HDMI ports dont work.

My current system is a Aspire TC-705
CPU : i5-4460
RAM : 8GB
MOBO : ms-7869 ver 1.0

The BIOS mode is UEFI and the SMBIOS version is 2.8.The computer is running windows 10 home. It did not have a previous GPU installed or anything that was installed in the PCIe x16 Slot. The Power supply is 350 Watt.

{ edited the title to add model name } 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    The RADEON HD 7770 should work as your OEM 350W PRSU is adequate to run this GPU that requires 250 W. Check the pins on both GPU card and mobo PCIe x16 slots. As the Aspire TC-705 comes OEM with a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 745 which is basically the same card and requires the same specs to run that the AMD card needs.. 
  • Mcabar
    Mcabar Member Posts: 3 New User
    StevenGen said:
    The RADEON HD 7770 should work as your OEM 350W PRSU is adequate to run this GPU that requires 250 W. Check the pins on both GPU card and mobo PCIe x16 slots. As the Aspire TC-705 comes OEM with a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 745 which is basically the same card and requires the same specs to run that the AMD card needs.. 
    Both the PCIe slot and GPU card pins look in order. Im sure the GPU works as it worked in my friends system.