I need some help if possible Acer Travelmate p tmp459 core

Jako
Jako Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa
I recently got an Acer Travelmate p tmp459 core i7 7th gen.. A few days ago my laptop randomely shut off. And ever since i have had some wierd problems. 
Currently Happening:
1.I have to hold the power button +- 3 min for the laptop to turn on. Have to sometimes do it more than once for it to finally work. I have also tried resetting the battery but no luck. 

2.It doesn't show any lights when i plug in the laptop to charge when switched of and when the laptop is on and i plug in the charger the charging light comes on.. But after i switch off the and remove the charger the light stays on for more than 5 min and then switches of and wont turn on again when i plug in the charger unless i switch on the laptop again.

3. When i place the laptop into sleep mode it completely shuts off. Then i have to hold the power button again for +- 3 min repeatedly until it switches to on again.

4. When i close the lid the exact same thing happens as stated at "point 3". Even though i have changed my settings to "do nothing" when closing the lid.

I hope i can get some advice here because i am currently crawling towards a breaking point at the moment. 

{ edited the title to add model name } 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    There several P459 models, could you look at the full model number in the SN sticker and get it to us? It should be something like P459-xx-xxxx or P459-xx-xx-xxxx. I think the 7th gen were all P459-G2-xx-xxxx but I'm not positive. I can't think of anything that would require holding the power button for that long. There is a hardwired circuit to force it to turn off after about 30 seconds and that doesn't seem to be doing it's job, unless it's not able to count time correctly. When you bought this, was it advertised as a 'refurb'? It may be one that was returned as defective and the 'refurbished' just resold it to you without actually fixing it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jako
    I think i found out the problem.. My CMOS battery is giving in so when i get a new one and it doesn't fix my problem i will get back to you
  • billsey
    Please let us know even if it fixes the issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jako
    Still currently waiting on my cmos battery to be delivered but nothing has changed yet regarding the situation 
  • billsey
    I wonder what it taking it so long? CMOS batteries are typically stock items, so you shouldn't have to wait all that long.
  • Jako
    I live in namibia and it is not considered a stock item over here😂. So i had to order one
  • billsey
    Odd, I'd think every repair depot would have several on hand, since they are so often used on older systems.