NITRO XV2 XV270Pbmiiprx black sreen

Options
Milco
Milco Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Recently I was playing on PS4 and suddenly the screen froze. When I turned off the monitor, disconnected the PS4, and turned on the monitor again I still saw the same image. I rebooted the monitor but the only thing that changed is that the image left but the screen remains black. It is also not possible to enter the menu. I already tried to use the other HDMI port and also when I connect my laptop I can't do anything on the monitor.

Anyone who knows what to do?

Thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remove all cables including power. Press and hold power button for a few minutes. Then try to fire it up again.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Milco,

This could just be a system error that can be resolved by restarting the device. Also, check if the AC adapter cord is loose and firmly connect it to the outlet and laptop. If the issue still persists, it is mostly due to a failure of the LCD.
  • JackE
    Options
    Remove all cables including power. Press and hold power button for a few minutes. Then try to fire it up again.

Jack E/NJ

• Milco

Tinkerer

Options
    Unfortunately it still doesn't work. When I turn on the monitor I see the screen is turned on because the color slightly changes but that's it. The Acer logo nor the menu appear. 
  • JackE
    Options
    To rule out the power button, does the power LED light up? If it does light, the back cover needs to come off and all the internal cables need to be re-seated.

Jack E/NJ

• Milco

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes the power led lights up. I will take of the back cover and check all the cables, thanks a lot. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options
    When it's on and connected to the PC, if you shine a flashlight at an angle to the screen, do you see faint images that match what should be there?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Milco

Tinkerer

Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi @Milco,

This could just be a system error that can be resolved by restarting the device. Also, check if the AC adapter cord is loose and firmly connect it to the outlet and laptop. If the issue still persists, it is mostly due to a failure of the LCD.
    In case it is due to a failure of the LCD it means end of story? Thanks. 
  • Milco

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    When it's on and connected to the PC, if you shine a flashlight at an angle to the screen, do you see faint images that match what should be there?
    Hello Billsey, I did not see anything. However, when I just turned on the monitor for the first time it wasn't fully black anymore but like this..

• Milco

Tinkerer

Options
    The top 30% of the screen looks different than the rest..
  • JackE
    Options
    Did you take the  back cover off yet to reseat all the accessible cables?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yep, unless you are in warranty that the next best step.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.